Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Reprobate23 ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 09:25AM

I have a coworker that's being taught about church by my client. Don't know if I should talk to her about it. It could place me in an awkward place. Coworker is raise your hands and praise Jesus Christian. Would be easy to get drawn in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 09:36AM

Coworker is in a frying pan/fire situation. I would leave the situation alone if I were you.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 10:49AM

Co-worker might figure out on her own that a group that praises its supposed prophet-founder over the jesus she wants to raise her hands to isn't for her.

Leave a CES letter on her desk anonymously. Otherwise, leave it alone. That's my suggestion. :)

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 11:07AM

Brother Kolob,

What you wrote reminded me that I've encountered Mormons who try to convert those who are already devout Christians by saying how wonderful it is that these people are so committed to Christ. Then the Mormons pitch something like this: "We don't ask you to renounce your already wonderful faith in Christ. Come on over to our Church, which teaches the fullness of the gospel, and simply add on to the wonderful teachings you already believe!"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 11:09AM

commongentile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on over to our Church, which
> teaches the fullness of the gospel, and simply add
> on to the wonderful teachings you already
> believe!"

So true. And some are indeed vulnerable to that pitch.

Others, when they attend mormon meetings and never see anything about Jesus, and don't get to raise their hands or sing with feeling or do anything they're used to, conclude that mormons aren't actually interested in Jesus.

It depends on the person, and the effectiveness of the sales pitch :)

Thanks for pointing out that the mormons can indeed vary their pitch to fit the audience.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 11:14AM

You might endanger your living by talking to your coworker. Perhaps leave a typed-out url on her desk to Mormon Think.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 03, 2017 11:54AM

Unless she comes to you and wants to discuss the situation in another setting and will keep it confidential.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.