Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 10:32PM

I need some unbiased info

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 10:48PM

I am not really very 'familiar' with it but do have land in the valley, in that area that someone else farms/works.

Is it the city you are interested in, area or the spring water.

In the area is Lava Hot Springs, Golf courses, good fishing and recreation in rivers and lakes, hunting in the mountains, etc.

However, I never lived there and haven't visited for 20+ years???

Very Mormon I believe.

Date: January 02, 2017 12:06AM

Once a stayed at A very modest hotel there, but had 1 or 2. pools walking distance; I wonder if it's still there, name...
Yes, I 'got lucky' in the pool
Natural soaking pools, that is

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 02, 2017 12:25AM

Sounds like you are talking about 'Lava Hot Springs' to me with multiple swimming and soaking pools in the small city.

I am not aware that Soda Springs (a spring of soda taste type water) has any Hot Springs with 'soaking pools'. Not sure though.

Lava is still there ----- bigger but have not been there for long time.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 02, 2017 12:41AM

Soda Springs is where Brigham Young had his summer home.

It's a tiny but incorporated city of app 3,000 people, per last census. Not much going on there, and not centrally located for traversing. It's a depressed economy (the rural areas,) unless you happen to be into farming or logging, construction, etc.

One of my cousins and her husband own several ranches over that way, further south of there. They work hard, and play hard. It's still very much a Mormon community, but there are of course other denominations there and secular is increasing.

Date: January 02, 2017 12:15AM

Not too familiar with it, but with SE Idaho in general.

What is it you'd like to know?

I do scour real estate listings for the area. Are you looking to invest there, or buy property?

Lava Hot Spgs is in Bannock County. Soda Springs is in Caribou County, more easterly from there.

Date: January 03, 2017 12:52AM

OK, lava hot springs-

it was a very modest $, non-chain h/motel we stayed at, but it has/had Hot Springs 'right on' or at least walking in swimsuit (sure I wore one, ha ha) distance...

Date: January 03, 2017 11:06AM

My earliest memory was of Lava Hot Springs. This, according to my dad.

I was with him the time he held me on his shoulders while we watched the 4th of July Fireworks at Lava.

He looked astonished. He asked me how could I remember that, because I was only 6 months old, when we went there for the 4th of July that year?

How the heck was I supposed to know? I just remembered the sights, the sounds, and being on my dad's shoulders with the fireworks overhead. It was dazzling!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.