Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: >.< ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 07:22AM

In line with the idea that missions are about converting the missionary, the focus on farewells, attention from the ward, and homecomings is about associating serving in the church with being a mini-rock star in the eyes of the members. Nevermos couldn't care less and wished to heck we would just go away. I now realize the mission was, and still is, about conditioning the missionary for a lifetime in the church.

Over time, the bloom comes off that rose and, too late in some cases, the RMs realize they have been conned. All about trapping the missionary. The Mormon leaders would do Joe Smith, the con artist, proud. A little more subtle and refined, perhaps, but still a con designed to separate people from their hard earned money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JohnnyHwlmuthjr ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 07:54AM

It's also about Sex. Make the sacrifice, tell the lies and your reward is waiting.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 09:10PM

OK, technically speaking you are absolutely CORRECT, but just as much you have COMPLETELY fallen out of line with the MORmON program which DOES NOT allow any direct mention of personal sexual gratification except for in the context of grievous SIN.

A faithFOOL MORmON always has to couch their desire for their own personal sexual gratification in approved indirect MORmON speak terminology something like this: "since I have served a mission, the spirit of the Lord has greatly strived with me and I have become a spiritual giant, and due to my heightened spirituality from being a missionary, I now see the great importance of the Lord's plan ........including me starting my own eternal family .............by marrying the first girl that will agree to it in the temple. "

Yah, Yah, Just like MORmON Jesus is agonizing that word finally gets around about his ancient tour of America ....... that took place 2000 years ago...... but he is not willing to tell people about HIMSELF so it can just be done and over with, AWOL MORmON Jesus is agonizing about getting eternal family units started via his (stupid) unmentionable secret MORmON handshake process!!!!

I can not really express just how sick and tired that I really was of hearing that approved MORmON Code talk for covering "damn I really want to go home and get unmentionable secret handshake married so I can get laid", by other Missionaries who were about ready to go home.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 08:38AM

There's some ego stroking as they depart, but then, in most cases, it's two years of their leaders telling them what's wrong with them.

Posted by: CPS for the CK ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 09:05AM

Oh my, people, it's a classic 1-2-3 punch.

In a "true crime" show, I heard a convicted and released pedophile describe how he groomed children online. He said, "Make their hearts happy. Once you make their hearts happy, you have them." In other words, flatter the child. How hard us that?

The show demonstrated his ploys by creating a fake online profile, and he threw out the bait (an "I need you" hook). It too 45 seconds for the first bite, and they kept coming. (The show did not respond to the bites, and deleted the profile.)

We know that most mishies are children, emotionally speaking.

TSCC lures them in.
TSCC grooms them.
TSCC abuses them.

It's as visible to me as pedophilia. What's the pedo term for the psychological and emotional grooming and abuse delivered to an LDS child, from birth? Pedo-inoculation? Pedo-indoctrination?

I don't know, but it ought to have some terrifying name to reflect the terrifying damage done to kids, and those kids as they become adults. It is lifetime-wounding.

Many adults don't know how to respond to the abuse of a con, let alone these green mishies.

TSCC is the cult designed by a criminal.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 09:13AM

The only stroking I got on my mission is what I did to myself.

My ego was under constant assault by mission leadership and visiting GA's who were only too happy to keep telling me how unworthy and ineffectual I was.

Honestly, I do not have one memory from the moment I walked in to the MTC until I got off that airplane in Salt Lake two years later where the church or its leadership minions made me feel good about myself.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 02:23PM

+1

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 10:40AM

Great post >.<

With this new way the Mormons have of making the opening of the calling such an event, posting it on line, etc., I have often thought that those young kids are getting their fabled "fifteen minutes of fame" and it is heady and glorious and they are as you say trapped--too young and too naive to escape the net.

It hits hard once you get to the mission that this is no picnic, but it is too late. Family honor is like a chain around your throat by then. And the need to return with honor for a few more minutes of fame is addictive as well.

Conversion has become a joke for the most part--catch as catch can. And the focus is keeping the missionaries in the church. Stroking is a perfect way to put it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 10:46AM

Build 'em up, tear 'em down.
Tear 'em down, built 'em up.

It's classic psychological manipulation.
The military does it as well, with the tearing down and then building up in boot camp. It's very effective.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 02:39PM

I find that people go on missions to bring honor to their parents and the family name. Having children going on missions and be on missions are jewels on the parents crown. Much like everything else in mormonism its all for show. Image.

"Do you see my apron? Its my power and priesthoods."

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 02:51PM

It's a "coming of age" rite of passage, Mormon style.

Send the young warrior off to do a task. He returns a man!

The ones who survive the trial become tribal leaders. Yay! That means mating partners.

Prepare for the mating rituals.

Mormons don't have such great rituals for women coming of age, so many go for it (mission ritual) too.

It's part of the religious hero quest. RMs are the heros of that culture. I know I wanted a RM to marry. That was the way to have status and success in the tribe.

Humans love that sh!t.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 03:20PM

Dagny has hit a grand slam with this! It's all about enculturation, rites of passage, taboos, and control. Brava!

Posted by: Rameupmptom ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 10:21PM

Young Mormon women do have a coming of age ritual. Birthing a child in the covenant. Father should be a RM, naturally.

Posted by: Very true ( )
Date: January 07, 2017 03:25AM

The nail has been hit on the head. It's the way to be a real man! It's a code. A pathwaty to adulthood and p$ssy.

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 03:43PM

I didn't think missionaries were allowed to stroke their ego.....

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 03:57PM

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 05:09PM

18 months of emotional abuse and cult obedience tactics.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 05:40PM

I've said it many times that to me grooming young people and then sending them on missions by the MormonCult is CHILD ABUSE.

They sell the product to the kids and the family, and the poor kids have NO idea what they are getting into. They are told that they are the chosen ones to bring the gospel to the world, but then they......

1. cannot keep their own passports
2. are not even prepared by the cult concerning the culture they are being sent to.
3. are given orders NOT to keep current on the news surrounding where they serve, nor the news of the world in order to be safe.
4. are not allowed to determine who they can talk to or even if they need to talk to such and such a person-----such as THEIR OWN PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS.
5. are not allowed to make their own decisions about their own health needs...how much sleep they need, etc.

Kids this age need to be out and about doing what kids this age should be doing....

DISCOVERING BY TRIAL AND ERROR WHO THEY ARE, WHAT THEY LIKE, AND WHAT THEY WANT OUT OF LIFE. They have the RIGHT to investigate, to try new stuff, and to make mistakes. They should not be conditioned and taught to be robotic servants (think slaves) for the MormonCult who bow their heads and say yes and are not allowed to question and think critically for themselves.

Expecting young people to be out doing missionary work for two years of the type they expect them to be doing is nothing but......

CHILD ABUSE BIG TIME!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 07:16PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 06, 2017 08:45PM

As a young male, I saw a mission as the only acceptable / allowable/ plausible path to get what I wanted, because that is what I had been told by my most immediate male role models. I had been ENDLESSLY told that a mission was THE gateway to having THE MORmON successful adult life. According to these same people/ MORmONS, there was no escaping MORmONISM. MORmONISM was god's great plan ..... of salvation, so there was no escaping MORmONISM. (Note intended self justifying MORmON circular logic) A person had to pay their dues to God's great plan one way of the other. Because I had been born into MORmONISM, I was supposedly ahead in the game, and where much MORmONISM had been given to me, I was expected to give much back to MORmONISM. Because I was a MORmON by birth, it was supposedly my sacred obligation to serve a mission for Jesus who had done so much for me and who would then continue to pave the way through life for me in return for putting His concerns first ahead of my own.
I had been told this by my closest Male Role models who also served as MORmON enforcement agents for their "THE" (MORmON) church.

These MORmON enforcement agents could not have been MORE wrong as far as advice for getting on with my adult life was concerned. My trust in them and respect for them was completely misplaced by me and abused by them. I have an excuse for not knowing any better -when a person is young they are impressionable and they lack personal experience as a basis for making personal decisions. Their actions in dealing with me are completely predatory and exploitative. SO contrary to what they had said, THE (MORmON) church is completely dispensable in a person's life. In fact, for any person with any personal sensibility at all, life greatly improves WITH OUT being shackled to predatory and abusive MORmONISM.

With those things prevalent in my mind, I did NOT see "my mission" / THEIR mission for me as much of an ego trip for me at all, although I do see how a missionary could get that impression since it is such a huge ego trip for them as they suck-cess fully brow beat young men into going. For me, a mission was much more like a dental procedure -something that needs to be done and that person is glad for it to be over with. just as I have already explained, I was wrong about the "needs to be done" part. As far as the sick pathetic A$$ Holes who were so insistent that I go (to validate them), especially including my MORmON male parent who did not have the personal fortitude to go in his own right when he might have, I have nothing but utter contempt for them now.

I learned the hard way that the same MORmON Jesus that I was supposed to serving by going on a mission is a real lame ass dead wood jerk when it comes to getting anything done. Sure the guy supposedly raised himself from the dead, then he followed up by disappearing for 1700 years. He still refuses to show up for heading his church on any meaning basis except to Tell His MORmON prophet to start "Marrying" teen age girls! Expecting such a dead wood Jack Ass to pay any kind of a dividend for serving a mission is pure folly and totally MORmONIC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.