Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:21PM

Today is my Mom's birthday. She died 20 years ago, which seems an unbelievably long time, and at the same time is just a heartbeat ago. I still miss her, and so many times over the past 20 years I've longed to pick up my phone and hear her voice. Now I sometimes have to really concentrate to recall her voice, which makes me sad.

As it does for all of us, my life has gone on, and it's a good life. I have my husband and children, and our wonderful grandkids. I have good friends, I'm healthy and active and I enjoy my days.

I have my mom to thank for much my good life. It was her that brought our involvement in the LDS church to an end. She was never happy in the church, she found it strange and uncomfortable and in the end we drifted away from it. Maybe if we had stuck with it, I might have had a happy life, I don't know. But I wouldn't have THIS life, and for that, I thank my mom.

Happy Birthday Mom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:22PM

Happy Birthday to looking in's awesome, courageous mama!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:35PM

Happy anniversary on your mom's birthday.

Mom's make a huge difference in our lives. It's good of you to honor her and remember her when you can.

In Judaism that's called a Yahrzeit, ie, celebrating the anniversary of a loved one's birth, death, marriage, etc., cause they're never really forgotten, but live on in the heart.

Thank goodness for you your mama was wise, and thoughtful enough to get out of the church and lead by example.

((((hugs))))

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:47PM

Happy Birthday to your mother, and Hugs to you on this special day.

Blessings

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 02:04AM

(((you)))

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 02:39AM

This is beautiful, looking in...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 02:58AM

"Strange and uncomfortable"...excellent description. Birthdays are special times but her lifetime of influence can be seen

Gatorman
9-4
18-5

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.