Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 01:50AM

check out the 15 moving planets according to Joe Smith

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/grammar-and-alphabet-of-the-egyptian-language-circa-july-circa-december-1835/94

(scroll to bottom of the page).

I would really like to visit ear roam and Crash ma kraw!

You cannot say that Joe didn't have an imagination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 03:01AM

I don't think any of that exists so we shouldn't talk about it sorry I got crucified today for talking about conspiracies.

Posted by: hawk ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 05:01AM

Pretty sure the OP doesn't actually believe they exist. Hence the line regarding imagination.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 05:12AM

We gotta stay in reality according to a moderater

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 08:34AM

This post referenced an actual historical primary source document that all could look at, so it is based in reality.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 07:00AM

And how are the Joseph Smith Papers supposed to hone the testimonies of LDS church members?

Wasn't there a 1950s serial adventure star called "Crash" McGraw?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 09:16AM

He also had quite the imagination when it came to making up what he thought were Egyptian-sounding words. Though he does show a preference for starting words with "Jah-."

Of course, every single word is gibberish nonsense. And they don't correspond to anything on the papyrus or in actual Egyptian.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 11:44AM

This does make you wonder if Joseph Smith wasn't a con-man at all; maybe he and his buddies just smoked a buttload of dope and downed some magic mushrooms and then picked up pen & paper.

At a Fat and Testimony meeting: "Whoa, man, have you ever really looked at yer hands? Like, there's little mountains and rivers and...little people made out o' stardust on 'em...."

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 01:43PM

All of these words just prove that JS was a true prophet. As one example, consider "crash ma kraw." Now, if you are thinking rationally, you can only come to one conclusion (because I said so). We all know what "crash" means. "ma kraw" is then obviously just an early form of the phrase "my car."

Joseph was clearly seeing the future danger of high-speed driving on freeways, and automobile accidents causing so much trouble for generations to come.

This clear knowledge sends chills up my spine. Or down my back. Or whatever. I can't remember which it is.

The church is true! Joseph was a true prophet!

By the way, didn't someone come up with an abbreviated symbol or code for a satire warning? Or was that just wishful thinking on my part?

ziller, can't you figure out a good one?

:p

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.