Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:26PM

Maybe you all know about this, but I just heard that JC and his family have received their baptism, confirmation and endowments (!) in the Salt Lake Temple on April 9, 2010.

WTF? How can you baptize for the dead someone you believe was resurrected? How can Mother Mary go on record with two simultaneous husbands, God the Father and Joseph? I understand Mary Magadalene was sealed to him under the name Maria Magdalene and that the Church pulled the whole record as soon as the researcher published.

Does anybody out there know details?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:32PM

So regarding mary's sealing... did the first baptize god as a mormon? That is so crazy, and yet I wonder why it took them till 2010 to do it.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:32PM

I think it was posted before the board went down.

Posted by: foolserrand2 ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:34PM

WTF!!!! In the book of Matthew he was baptized by John the Baptist. That makes no sense at all.

Just another example of TSCC trying to prove to itself it is better than everyone again.

Anyways why would JC need secret handshakes and words to get in to see his dad?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 07:54PM

I have to go shower every time I visit that insane asylum.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:40PM

not the Biblical one who forgave his tormentors and assassins in the ME. Nope - I don't recognise the mindset and character of the one portrayed in the mormon rag.

Unless, the church leaders believe that Jesus got really peeved after the event and took it out on folks who had nothing to do with his earthly demise?

All moot of course - the arrogance of mormons is mind-blowing.

Briggy

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 05:52PM

Thanks a million-- what a mess of cognitive dissonance this business is! I tried googling it and couldn't get past the three million responses from Christians of every form.

So many questions burbled to the surface- like isn't the reason people baptize for the dead is because they didn't get it done while they were here and had a body....but Jesus took his body with him...???????????

The gall! Lordy, this would definitely send a robot into a illogic loop and start it smoking.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 07:58PM

Wouldn't Jesus have already been to the temple and had His endowments if the LDS church really is restored to its original form? And what about Mary? Would she not also have already been to the temple?

And if Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father, could he be denied access to the Celestial kingdom?

And last but not least, if any LatterDay Saint thinks that the Son of God needs to have His temple work done by them, are they blasphemers who place Joseph Smith and the Priesthood above the glory of the Atonement?

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 07:40PM

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 07:55PM

That that would have already been done when he was LIVING 2000 years ago. I mean if anybody has the authority to do a sealing for Jesus and Mary, Peter, James, and Garfunkel would have already done it then. This is just plain silly looked at from a TBM, exmo, New Order, Post-Mormon, Liberal Mormon point of view. I honestly doubt it was TSM and the 12 who had the idea to do this to MAKE SURE it was done, considering the Church is almost 200 years old. Probably some newly endowed recent convert who though...Jesus's work MUST BE DONE!!!

Posted by: duffy ( )
Date: October 15, 2010 08:19PM

So they don't acknowledge the baptism by John the Baptist? (I think it's all hooey, but for the sake of argument...)

It's just occurred to me that morgbots don't think they can become gods. They think they are already superior to god.

So how was it that Jesus was hanging around in the temple with all the prophets all these years without being baptised or having his endowments? How did he get a recommend?

It doesn't make sense. Just like nothing in that cult makes sense.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.