Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Freakshow ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 06:44PM

I've noticed a lot of BOM worship lately from church leaders. Conference talks, Visiting 70s, testimonies. I suspect they are trying to circle the wagons.

Today our SP put in his 2 cents. He decided to talk about the history. He mentioned the interpreters. No talk of the rock in the hat.

I wonder how long it will be until that is spoken of freely from the stand?

It is featured in the latest translation film. https://youtu.be/VamEaDNwHh4 Typical underhanded way to do it. Easy to miss but they can always claim it was there and nothing has been hidden.

I wonder how long it will be until more people call BS on the whole thing when they hear this?

It is just so silly to hear it, How can people take it seriously?

I suspect it won't affect TBMs much. When you are drinking the Kool-aid there isn't much that can shake your faith. After all there are plenty of crazier beliefs out there which people believe, eg Scientology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 06:53PM

I think the old geezers are trying to convince themselves. They don't like the idea that they devoted everything to a sham, but that's their legacy.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 06:54PM

I'm sure it was the very first time they'd heard of the origin of the BOM and the use of Interpreters. NOT!

I bet they were on the edge of their pews, enraptured by the shear fascination with the topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 06:55PM by Devoted Exmo.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:26PM

I myself am waiting until the artwork used for public displays; Open Houses, etc. has an image of Joe looking into his hat...

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 07:27PM by GNPE.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 01:35PM

I like how, in the video, the "covered" plates are still there (which they weren't when the hat was being used), and whomever it is that picks up the plates and moves them acts like they weigh about a pound or less...:)

Such BS.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 01:57PM

He does a great job in explaining the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqD6nN7ekik

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.