Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 08:28PM

Pyramids, mummification, and our own Xenu in one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summum

Corky Ra, a fellow Cougar, and Summum's founder--

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Nowell

When Summum made national news--

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Grove_City_v._Summum

The Mummy's Boner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2017 08:34PM by BYU Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 08:36PM

Shummy in on the Summum mummy.

Date: May 20, 2017 08:39PM

I only want the best part of me mummified for the eternities--

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2762659/ancient-dildos-butt-plugs-discovered-china/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2017 08:39PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 08:49PM

You are so weevil.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 01:51AM

Corky is dead.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 01:51PM

Do you know when and why? I knew him at BYU in the 60's. He could beat anyone in arm wrestling.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 02:02AM

I can be mummified? I'm so down with that. Looks like a great religion. I guess Ra couldn't get the life extension meditation to work.

Date: May 21, 2017 12:24PM

For a price. Dogs and cats are about $30k. People are about $90k (it's been a while since I checked their website). But, Christmas is coming. You could ask your family for that unique gift that everyone will remember from year to year. Now your choice--gold or piano black? Also which pose would you like to be your in?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 01:22PM

At those prices, about all I can afford is to have a star named after me.

International Star Registry: http://www.starregistry.com/ My name will be enshrined forever on a document in the U.S. Patent Office!!

I'm impressed that Corky Ra completed and corrected the Kybalion (from the star Kybal?), just as Joseph Baker Eddy completed and corrected the King James Bible and Mary Smith rediscovered "primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing." I myself am looking into the Righteous Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but I wonder if I'm too unrighteous. The thing is, they have a pyramid, and pyramids are way cool!

https://www.google.com/search?q=church+of+christ+of+latter-day+saints&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS568US568&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiU-IufwYHUAhUF4CYKHU4MBP4Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1600&bih=770#tbm=isch&q=church+of+christ+of+latter-day+saints+kingston&imgrc=Pubz4ziiqRRdsM:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2017 01:31PM by caffiend.

Date: May 21, 2017 01:39PM

Well, I'd like to join you in the unrighteousness branch--It's more befitting us. I hope you're doing well, my friend!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 12:16PM

At least it's not THIS one: https://bornofwater.org

On that page:

Do you desire to follow the Doctrine of Christ and be baptized as He taught?

This baptism does d God that you sincerely believe in Jesus Christ, ​and wish to follow Him.

If so, you’re in the right place.

The purpose of this site is to connect you with someone who has authority from Jesus Christ to perform the ordinance of baptism. There may be someone in your area who can help you, or there may be someone traveling through your area in the near future. Whatever the situation, we want to help you get baptized. You can place your baptism request here and it will be made available privately to those who can provide baptism.

This baptism does not make you, or require you to become, a member of any organized church or religion, but is only a sign between you and God that you sincerely believe in Jesus Christ, ​and wish to follow Him.

Welcome to the Recorder’s Clearinghouse!

This is a website especially developed for local group recorders and individuals to submit names of those baptized in The Doctrine of Christ.

Periodically there will be messages presented here to help the work.

March 18, 2017

Although what is to be announced may be viewed by most people as a modest achievement, I think history will eventually reflect this as one of the greatest steps forward after the deaths of Joseph and Hyrum.

What I’m about to announce will generate a considerable number of questions. To reasonably manage them, we’ve set up an email address where you can send your questions & suggestions. That address is: RESTORATIONSCRIPTURES2017@GMAIL.COM. Your questions will be reviewed this evening, and then tomorrow, a number of the major questions will be answered in front of this body. Any that aren’t answered immediately will be replied to after the conference ends.

One of the first ways a dispensation becomes corrupted is by compromising the scriptures used by believers in that dispensation. Therefore when a new dispensation begins, one of the first orders of business for believers is to adopt a new set of scriptures which restore, insofar as it is possible, a correct version of the material they regard as scripture.

VOLUME 1 IS THE OLD TESTAMENT
Joseph Smith’s New Translation of the Bible (the JST) is the base text.
The Song of Solomon had been removed since Joseph indicated that it is not an inspired text.
Proverbs now includes Proverbs of Joseph Smith, Jr. and Proverbs of Denver Snuffer, Jr.

VOLUME 2 CONSISTS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT AND THE BOOK OF MORMON
In a letter to the “brethren in Zion” on 21 April, 1833, Joseph Smith stated, “…it is not the will of the Lord to print any of the new translation in the Star, but when it is published it will all go to the world together in a volume by itself, and the New Testament and The Book of Mormon will be printed together.”
Joseph Smith’s New Translation of the Bible is the base text for the New Testament.
The 1840 edition of The Book of Mormon is used as the base text and was already formatted into paragraphs. This version was chosen because it contains corrections given by Joseph Smith to what was originally published in 1830 and 1837.

VOLUME 3 CONSISTS OF THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS & PEARLS OF GREAT PRICE
The new D&C returns the Lectures on Faith to its original place, along with those sections and revelations identified as coming through Joseph Smith. These have been painstakingly compared to the manuscripts found in the Joseph Smith Papers Project:
The order of the sections has been restored to thematic groupings rather than simply being presented chronologically. These groupings are: Restoration, Organization and Worship, and Revelations to Individuals.
Several LDS sections have been removed for the following reasons:
Sections 2 & 13 are extracts from JS-History and are therefore redundant.
Section 20 was written by Oliver Cowdery and constitutes church articles and covenants used to begin to structure the early church organization. They no longer apply.
Section 101 on Marriage, from the original 1835 Kirtland Edition, is not being reintroduced because it is not a product of either Joseph or Hyrum. However, pertinent points are included in another area.
Section 110 is completely unverifiable as a true revelation/vision. The three individuals with some information about the section, Joseph Smith, Oliver Cowdery and Warren Cowdery, left no statement or explanation about Section 110.

Like anything and everything mormonism, this smells, feels and looks like - and obviously is - junk. OFFSHOOT? Obviously is.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 12:32PM

"Summum produces "Nectar Publications", which are wines used in the meditation practices that Summum teaches. The nectars are made inside the Summum Pyramid, and according to Summum are imbued with resonations that contain spiritual concepts. Summum has made a number of different types of nectars, each containing its own "message". A small amount of nectar is consumed prior to meditation, and the alcohol is said to carry the resonations across the blood–brain barrier where they are released in the brain. Perception of the nectars' effects is said to depend upon the awareness of the person using them.

Governmental authorities consider the nectars to be wine and required that Summum obtain a winery license in order to make them. Summum is Utah's first federally bonded winery."

Drink wine, contemplate the craziness.
Wacky, but better than mormonism :)

Date: May 22, 2017 12:44PM

I've visited the outside of the pyramid. It's very close to Welfare Square. Unfortunately, visitors can not be accommodated. My only concern is that the folks might get their wine making equipment contaminated with their mummification ingredients. Let's just say that their "nectar" may have a very long shelf life!

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 02:39PM

In another life I was a mortician.
Corky was a guest speaker in our mortuary science class a long time ago.
We found his process interesting though there were a few raised eyebrows.
I remember him as a curiosity more than anything else.

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 02:47PM

Count me in if you will tell me how to pronounce "Summum"!

Are the U's long or short... or other???

I just want to pronounce my new religion right. Don't want no pyramid p!$$€d at me for being disrespectful!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 03:44PM

Short...
As in "sum 'em."
As in "count the money!"

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.