Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 06:31PM

Here we have it folks!

Read it and weep!

It's time for all of us to get re-baptized!

https://bookofmormoncentral.org/blog/watch-amazing-new-book-of-mormon-evidence-video

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 12:13AM

Well, that was shitty even for mormon apologetics.....

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 12:17AM

And here I thought it would be something exciting like Samuel the Lamanite's c*ck ring.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 12:23AM

Even if it were possible for the BoM to be anything but a 19th century fabrication, just supposing there's a universe where it's true, it still wouldn't be a reason to embrace Mormonism. There are just too many negatives about the culture to make it worth it.

I don't know why BYU doesn't disavow this kind of apologetics. It just makes them look weird. Oh yeah, their customer base.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 09:12AM

"...unique, previously unheard of civilizations."

They're still unheard of. And there isn't any archeological evidence they ever existed.

Geez, I thought the actual apologist videos were bad...this is sort of a fan-boy apologist video. It's insanely bad. And dishonest.

Date: June 20, 2017 09:58AM

Also, in the video, the guy admits that the area was already mapped out in the 18th century (1700's).

Therefore, that information was available to Joseph Smith as he began his work of fiction called the BoM, that he later tried to sell to the Canadians.

No doubt that JS pulled from several different sources when putting together the BoM.

If I was him, I would use every resource, and do proper research so I wouldn't look completely like a fraud.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:30AM

I've been persuaded the "Multiple BOM Authors Theory" is probably true. Here's Part I of Craig Criddle's presentation at the 2009 Exmormon Conference. Craig's "discovery" of strong evidence linking Parley P. Pratt to the "production" is noteworthy.

Cabdriver Confession: I need to watch this one; I was slammed at the 2009 Conference, and I have watched Charles M. Larson's video from the same time. I have corresponded with Craig, and he is one of those authentic jewels we are privileged to meet in our journey out of Mormonism.

The additional segments of the video are linked on the right.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:18AM

Ummmm, yeah. I rest my case.

Date: June 20, 2017 11:30AM

However...

The video itself is well done. The guy has skills in Adobe Premier and After Effects.

The transitions, motion graphics, and pizzazz was very good.

... too bad it was wasted on junk like trying to prove the BoM is true.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.