Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 03:15PM

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-youtube-star-thailand-arrest-20170719-story.html

Basically, this returned mormon missionary (he served his mission in Thailand) is being a bad, bad boy. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 03:19PM

In the words of Red Forman, "Dumbass."

Posted by: bishop Rick ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 07:17PM

For all you morons that think this is even newsworthy, because he's a mormon RM. Piss on the corrupt thai railway system.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 07:30PM

bishop Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For all you morons that think this is even
> newsworthy, because he's a mormon RM. Piss on the
> corrupt thai railway system.

I think it's newsworthy, as, apparently, does the LA Times.

And if he tried to see if cats can fly by strapping them to balloons, or if he pitted cats against a scorpion, I hope he spends time in prison.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 09:02PM

If a Thai kid got killed trying to flatten pennies, it wouldn't be so funny.

Posted by: mikhip ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 08:04PM

Does it surprise me that someone calling himself "Bishop Rick" has a problem seeing a law-breaking RM as no big deal? Not at all. It's fairly well accepted that males of LDS expect to be judged by only other LDS males, with a wink and a nod, even wrist-slaps for rape.

Tsk, tsk, too bad when they try lawbreaking somewhere LDS police and judges don't reside.

Too bad for this RM creep, who enjoys witnessing and inflicting pain on small creatures. I wonder if he also wets the bed and sets fires. I think it likely.

At least 60,000 Thai people think it newsworthy, too.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 08:28PM

"The "My Mate Nate" series has had other controversial episodes, such as seeing if his cat could fly by tying it to some balloons and having two cats fight a scorpion, a stunt for which police are also investigating him under an animal cruelty law. He has taken down those videos as well."

IDK how I missed that. Animal cruelty should always be considered newsworthy. What an asshole. Although they usually recover, cats can go into anaphylactic shock 10-15 minutes from venomous stings and possibly die.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 08:58PM

This is why I blame (in part) the stupid church. They offert ZERO training on how to behave as a guest in a foreign country. Instead, they ram down stupid stories about acting like giant pricks about finding golden families to baptize. They encourage the elders to behave inappropriately.

In my mission, a set of elders made a nuisance of themselves by trying to make street contacts of the bride and groom as they left a cathedral. They repeated this unwanted harassment for an entire month. Finally, the priest contacted my MP to tell missionaries to back off. It was a big joke to him. "I guess we'll have to stop trying to save people from the great abominable church. Ha ha ha. "

At another ZC, he told us not to plan any more outdoor BBQ's after a group of missionaries let a fire burn out of control at county park. It burned 8 acres before the volunteer fire department extinguished it. It was all a big laugh for my MP.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 09:10PM

100% holier than thou, self-righteous - can't get in trouble punk ass kid. I hope they lock him up and his parents have to send him a butt plug. dumbass

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 09:36PM

Penny on the tracks is stupid and dangerous. The animal cruelty is sick and disturbing.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 10:15PM

Okay, in all, the guy is an arrogant, thoughtless, rude, cruel jerk. In other words, just the kind of fellow who gets promoted to a high office in Mormondom. His only mistake is in getting caught, and making the news. Now they will have to send him away for a while, until the notoriety dies down. Then they can start him on the road to a higher place in the church. Not too high, in case someone notices. Just high enough to reward him for being an arrogant, thoughtless, rude, cruel jerk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.