Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 04:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 02:56AM

Just like the one shown behind her.

For years, I had The Wicked Witch of the South as our office manager, and she tried to micro-manage everything we did. If I dared to fill out paperwork in blue ink, she would issue a memo saying only black was allowed.

I had typed that Latin sentence that means, "Don't let the b@stards wear you down" on a small strip of paper and taped it to my in-box, on the side towards me, away from the public. She never noticed it, and I'm still sorry about that.

I bought (and wore) holiday-themed socks, earrings or anything else that I could think of, with Valentine's Day hearts, or shamrocks, or red, white and blue for July 4th, etc. She tut-tutted about some of them, but since there was no codified restriction, I was on solid ground.

I realize now that it was childish acting out, but at the time, it was incredibly satisfying. And most of my co-workers loved it.

I heard through the grapevine that my former nemesis had shuffled off this mortal coil in 1999. When I passed this news along to my best friend from that period, who had suffered terribly because she wasn't the sort to get back in the old witch's face, she said, "Oh, my lord. She has probably driven the Devil right out of Hell by now." Perfect summation.

BRAVA to June Rivas for having the nerve to do her "cosplay" thing. Sometimes, people in management need to be backed off. They take themselves too seriously.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:17AM

If she gets passed up for a promotion, I'm guessing she would blame it on discrimination. She is showing Sr. Management that she is not willing to play nice at work and would be a risk for them to promote.

I'm not saying management was correct about her dumb head scarf in the first place, but honestly, in-your-face religion at work is not a good thing. I support her right and what she is doing and all, but I would not want to deal with all her drama on my team. It's an awkward situation for all.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:23AM

Unless the company brings in a couple of management consultants named Bob.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:33AM

Exactly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.