Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 11:01AM

Actor John Heard passed away last night at 72. He played the father in the first two Home Alone movies back in the 90s.

Here is the link: http://wgntv.com/2017/07/22/actor-john-heard-known-for-home-alone-dies-tmz-reports/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 01:31PM

He was a good actor.

Couldn't have been a better part for him than to be Kevin McAllister's dad in Home Alone, a part he tried to shake ever since.

R.I.P. He had quite a career.

Heck, he even married Lois Lane! ;-)

Date: July 23, 2017 08:40AM

You know what else is heartbreaking? John's youngest son, Max, died last December at the age of 22 in his sleep. Max's mother and John's ex-wife blasted John in her son's obituary by not being there as a father,

" Max was in deep grief of not having a father participating in his life. We did everything to help him, but the agony was with him. He knew how loved he was by his mother, and sister, and his new girlfriend Maggie. We adore him, and will continue to adore him. For all of eternity. All of our love, Max. ---Mommiexxx"

It's a compounded tragedy now. Very sad.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/maxwell-heard-obituary?pid=1000000183412150&view=guestbook

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 10:07AM

I liked him best as Brother Timothy in "Heaven Help Us!" (1985) with Donald Sutherland, Andrew McCarthy, Kevin Dillon, and Mary Stuart Masterson.

He had 178 Acting credits at IMDB, including 6 in post-production.

One IMDB biography note says his marriage to Margot Kidder lasted only six days; but elsewhere on the same page it says August 1979-Decemvber 1980.

He was three months older than me.

RIP.

Date: July 23, 2017 12:37PM

Besides Home Alone, the other memorable movie I remember him in and the first one to my recollection was "The Trip to Bountiful," with Geraldine Page. She went on to win an Oscar for her performance in that movie. John played her son.

That was 1985. Her role was that of an aging mother who wanted to see her childhood home one last time before she died. Geraldine died two years later herself at age 62.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 02:49PM

Ah, how we get nostalgic over celebrities when they die, even when we haven't thought of them for twenty years or more.

Date: July 23, 2017 02:53PM

I watched Trip to Bountiful last night on video. It has been 35 years since I watched it last, while an undergrad in college.

The movie theme is how fast the years fly by, the decades disappear before our eyes.

Fast forward from then to now, and it really hit home.

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 06:15PM

I remember him as the corrupt police detective in the early Sopranos episodes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.