Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:04PM

My niece (the one TBM member of my family I have the highest hope for seeing the truth and leaving) posted this on FB:

http://www.the-exponent.com/facing-the-racism-in-mormonism/

Maybe it's a start, but with quotes like this-- "I speak up now to ask us to stop using historically racist comments from individuals in the church’s past as current and accepted doctrine." - I see there's a lot of spin and denial still going on;

"...comments..."? You mean sermons and written scripture, supposedly from God, that must be obeyed?

"...individuals...? You mean "prophets", supposedly speaking for God, whose word must be obeyed? (When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done).

"...accepted doctrine..." You mean the foundational documents of TCOJCOLDS, like the BoM and the BoA, whose words must be believed and obeyed?

Upon the pile of evidence that TSCC is built on cons, fabrications, and 19th Century bible fan-fiction, this should be on the top of the pile for anyone with common sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:09PM

But doctrine never changes. It is eternal and everlasting. 'Leastwise, last I heard.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:19PM

If your niece is reading Exponent II, that's a really good sign.

The site you linked to is the blog for a Mormon feminist magazine that started in the 1970s: http://www.exponentii.org/

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:18PM

Would the world be full of Cathys--believers or non-believers--who confront stupidity, ignorance, and hatred with all things bright and beautiful!

I'm an old man who hates seeing my community and country divided. Your niece, CnB, is working toward healing and unity. We need more TBMs like her, even if they remain in the church. Eventually, these type of folks will create tipping points.

Thanks, friend, for sharing this post, it gives me hope that there are many more wonderful TBMs who reject the evil bigoted teachings of Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.