Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dp ( )
Date: September 02, 2017 10:58AM

Man! The title alone says *so much* about what TSCC's really like. Why on earth should such a thing even need to be written? Oh, wait, it's because all the pain and suffering TSCC has inflicted on countless human beings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 10:40AM

LGBT- Remove the 'Mormon' from your subject line (and life) and be happy!

You do not need TSCC telling you how to live your life. LIFE itself is tooo short to be miserable in a mind controlling Morg.
Just find happiness outside TSCC where you can and enjoy living.

Posted by: LGBT ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 10:58AM

You think that list is a happy way for a to live life?

I certainly do not.

I am NOT in the cult, I oppose the cult. I am calling attention to how a controlling cult makes LGBT miserable.

Life is to short for you to make miserable, mistaken assumptions, then lecture others based one those errant assumptions.

Date: September 03, 2017 10:02PM

I lost something in the translation?

What are my errant-mistaken assumptions?

Most folks who post here have some type of unwanted relationship with the mormon church. You have stated you are not in the cult. Fine.

You won't change their way of thinking so, why don't you do something about it? Can you move where you are not threatened?
Utah is not the only place to live in the world...Forgetaboutit when it comes to moism.. Thrive elsewhere.

Posted by: LGBT ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 10:27AM

You are making the assumption that I feel I am a situation where I feel I need to be as closeted and the person that wrote the article. I AM NOT.

I am being critical of an article that promotes such a closeted lifestyle.

You are missing a lot because you are making assumptions that prevent you from seeing the point.

Assumptions like:

- That I AM a Mormon - I am not
- That I AM in the situation where I want live as the article suggest - I do not.
- That the only people that need to recover from the Mormon influence are exmormons

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 11:53AM

The way I read it, cutekitty is already on the same page as you--and me. I would say she saw the article for the ugliness it bears and put an interesting spin on your opening line--that is all. I would say this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding of some phrases. Abrazos for everyone!

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:09PM

Perhaps if he had said "one" or "someone" rather than "you", I would agree with you.

However, in a reply to me, the you reads as if he were speaking to me.

Re-reread the post as if he were speaking directly at you addressing you. See if you can see where it comes across like giving advice to someone they think needs the advice.

Date: September 04, 2017 12:15PM

I see your point. I guess I see "you" being used in a universal way as it sometimes is and so I read the phrase differently. I try to give the benefit of the doubt where I can.

Thanks for the explanation. Interesting to see how we each put our own interpretation to the same words. Best to you.

Date: September 04, 2017 12:22PM

And let's take a look at the so called interesting spin put on the subject:

Cutekitty wrote "LGBT- Remove the 'Mormon' from your subject line (and life) and be happy!"

But what is said when we remove "Mormon" from what I said, "The Young, Closeted, Gay Mormon’s Guide To Thriving", we get: "The Young, Closeted, Gay Guide To Thriving" STILL REFERENCING "CLOSETED". Making cutekitty's statement about being happy as a closeted LGBT.

If that is interesting to you, so be it. To me it comes across as the old "I don't mind gays so long as they do not act gay" BS.

Date: September 04, 2017 12:30PM

As an old gay man who has been through hell because of the Mormon church I just thought we were all on the same page in being disgusted by the Mormon treatment of gays. I still think that. I am not interested in any more semantic jousting.

Date: September 04, 2017 12:58PM

Yes, gays have been mistreated by a lot of groups. It is important to remember that outside of Utah and a couple of surrounding states, the LDS is not the biggest threat to gays.

I posted that article in other forums. Removing the "Mormon" only removed the reason I thought to post it in this forum, it did nothing to change why I thought the article was worth posting.

Date: September 04, 2017 02:54PM

I am sorry I came across as what you perceived as pointing the finger at you. I did not mean to be 'happy' as a closeted gay person. It is sick for TSCC to want to keep folks in the closet.

I think TSCC is a big, sick, evil fuck to make a 'guide to thriving' a reality. I did not mean you are a closeted, mormon gay or anything else. I only assumed because you posted you must be affiliated with it somehow? No offense meant. TSCC is evil.

I do not understand the 'mormon influence' on gays? I know what the church thinks. But how does it influence those of that lifestyle? The church is fake so why would anyone want to accept their influence on anyone's lifestyle anyway?
We all get along here in nowhereville.
I thought everyone was out these days. Why be ashamed?
I am out of the closet and I am old.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 08:47PM by cutekitty.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 11:29AM

Maybe I'm a grouch today, but most of the time, Mormon humor is lost on me. It's not that I don't get it--it's just that, no matter how you twist it--there's nothing funny about abuse.
>:(

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 03, 2017 09:36PM

I follow Carol Lynn Pearson on Facebook and she has some interesting things to say.

Yesterday, she posted a piece about a gay man who's moved back to Provo to teach at BYU. Here's a link to his blogpost. I just wonder how he's going to live as a gay man, knowing that all he can do is BE a gay man if he plans on being accepted.

http://benschilaty.blogspot.com/2017/08/i-will-not-go-back-in-closet.html?m=1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.