Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 09, 2017 11:45AM

...their soul?

In Mormon terms, the whole world is a lot and the Mormon soul is a bleak, boring, depressing, weird, controlled, and obedience school of prophets.

Never mind riches untold or power and influence in a huge, interesting, wonderful and marvelous world of life. Losing your Mormon soul opens up a level of personal authenticity no matter how many warts or harkenings to Satan that authenticity awakens.

Know thyself is a commandment we aren't compelled or coerced to follow but it allows us to explore our personal biology, natures, and prejudices. Following Mormonism makes oneself secondary. It is basically taking away the means to understanding how one can express their own sense of goodness or badness and their inclinations towards benefits towards others and themselves in the world for the benefits towards others and themselves in the small world of Mormons.

I don't think Mormonism helps people know their souls so while they haven't lost them in the world they have rarely expressed them in the world. It is almost the same as losing them. They are never allowed to grow or get lost in the world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 09, 2017 01:34PM

It doesnt help people know their souls at all i can attest to that if anything you lose your soul to the group of the religion and become what they say the morg.

Date: September 09, 2017 01:50PM

Your soul becomes part of the Morg when you lose it to gain their promises of Celestial sex and eternal family.

Like you money, losing it or gaining it depends on how corrupt the bank is you are investing it with...

Date: September 09, 2017 02:30PM

Yes you are correct but i will say its hard to get your soul back totally once you leave.

Date: September 11, 2017 08:32AM

About as easy as getting your money back.

Date: September 11, 2017 10:20AM

Hahaha exactly i had a colorful argument with a mormon about this, they knew damn well they would never see a dime of their money back even in a time of emergency.

Date: September 12, 2017 08:46AM

And if you get anything back you have to work for it. This goes against a "bishop's storehouse" concept for believers and more like a Joseph of Egypt deal.

So in their community and donation Mormons are no better than Ancient Egyptians and their priests no better that The Sanhedrin of Jesus.

Date: September 12, 2017 12:33PM

Exactly i told her try getting help without any strings attached. She had no clue what i was talking about, never asked for aid from the church her entire life, just living off the rich husband. But she said what most mormons say "but you could work for deseret industries" and im like jesus christ you dont get it lady.

Date: September 13, 2017 07:37AM

Who's she?

Date: September 14, 2017 10:11AM

Crazy lady down the street.

Date: September 14, 2017 10:23PM

What's her story. I'm curious.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: September 11, 2017 10:58AM

There is not one mormon, former, or still active that will ever be really helped in an emergency. Reading the obituaries angers me because there's always someone who has died that has "served" the church all of their lives, going on missions many callings served, etc, and at the end of the obit, the family asks for donations to help pay funeral costs. Does the church step up and say"hey, don't worry: here's some money to help you because he/she helped the church so much". Not on your life! When are people ever going to wake up and realize what a racket TSCC is?!

Date: September 11, 2017 11:08AM

Exactly

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 11, 2017 11:23AM

only those who are righteous, like the leaders, will be worthy of earning all those riches. We'll all just be catering to them and paying them in the CK. Like mormon heaven would be different than mormon earth. Worship us. Give us your money so we can live high.

I certainly have gained back some of my soul.

Date: September 12, 2017 08:48AM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> only those who are righteous, like the leaders,
> will be worthy of earning all those riches.

And with their Second Anointing they have the reality of salvation while the laity only a "promise."

How un-Christlike is that. Didn't Jesus promise a thief salvation? And yet they think they hold keys to the most inner sanctum of the heavenly pyramid scheme in the sky.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 12, 2017 12:13PM

My brother and I grew up watching our father struggle to enrich himself while neglecting our needs. Year after year he piled up money in secret accounts. Eventually he became wealthy, but he lost his sons.

I understand he has three large houses in St. George. I haven't seen them and never will. I hope he thinks it was all worth it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 12, 2017 12:25PM

So this is something I just don't understand, but you see it with mormon families a lot. I know other families do that, but a lot of mormons worship the almighty dollar more than they do their own children.

My uncle, who was a SP, who actually was inactive, smoked, drank, etc., until he was in his 50s. He put his wife in a nursing home and tried to get her declared incompetent so she wouldn't spend his money when he died. It didn't work. When he died, she had $200,000 stashed in her house that she had carefully hidden. He always talked about what a great lady she was and then he did this!!! He was quite wealthy. He kept telling his kids he was going to give it all to the church, but then he didn't. They got it.

Date: September 13, 2017 07:39AM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So this is something I just don't understand, but
> you see it with mormon families a lot.

I think so because when a family member loses their Mormonism they lose a core frame of reference with their family.

My family was built on the church. My mother was abused as a child and didn't trust men. She wanted to be a school teaching spinster but thought it her duty to marry and have a dozen kids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.