Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: namarod ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 10:27AM

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/editorial/2017/09/15/tribune-editorial-church-needs-to-love-louder/

This religious freedom excuse to discriminate against LGBT's can open up a Pandora's Box. Let me give an example: A Baker is a White Supremacist and believes in the Christian Identity religious beliefs. These racist beliefs teach that all non-white races and Jews are inferior. An African American man and a White Jewish Woman are engaged and come to the bakery to have a custom wedding cake made. The White Supremacist Baker refuses to serve them because catering to them would violate his religious beliefs. He believes that they both are racially inferior and that interracial marriage is forbidden. Should his freedom of speech and religious beliefs also be protected? Under the reasoning of the LDS Church and the others who signed this court brief, I believe this White Supremacist' racist and bigot religious beliefs also would be protected. I believe in freedom of speech and religion until it discriminates and violates the rights of others. Religion should never be used as an excuse to discriminate or hate others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 10:38AM

Big can of worms indeed....

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.