Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 01:39PM

I have been out of the church for 20+ years. I drink alcohol and coffee, I am a man who has sex with another man, I swim and ski on Sundays, I often call the Lord's anointed foul names, I usually vote for Democrats, I try to guide others out of the church, etc.

And yet, I still burn to a crisp in the sun. What the hell do I need to do to get some God-induced melanin?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 02:47PM

Have yet to worship satan.

I have sex with my male boyfriend (I'm female). I'm still married to my gay husband, though we've been "separated for 22 years or so.

I do a lot of things on Sunday, not skiing or swimming, but that is my day for going to movies, etc., and shopping. So few people here in Utah on Sundays.

I love calling myself an apostate adulteress.

Date: September 14, 2017 08:13PM

Cl2. I guess I either need to worship Satan or try to throw my brother off a boat (it worked for Laman and Lemuel!)

"apostate adulteress" I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 03:15PM by Atari.

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 03:39PM

I made that joke with a TBM friend who didn't recognize me in the bus (he had never seen me with long hair and glasses).
When he told me Oh that's you, I didn't recognize you. I told oh yeah now I'm an apostate my skin is now dark. He laughed and we talked for a couple of minutes.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 03:50PM

Apparently, no time frame is given for turning dark and loathsome in the mormon myths.

So it's unreasonable for you to expect it to happen right away. From their point of view, anyway.

Of course, that won't prevent them from insisting that if your descendants (if you have any) continue in your evil ways, THEY will be dark and loathsome. Even though they won't...

:)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 04:19PM

...but, but, but... We've all seen the Deseret Press article in which SWK is quoted as saying that the littlest Indians living with mormon families as part of the Indian Displacement Program were noticeably lighter at the end of the school year than their littlest Indians siblings who'd stayed on the Rez! NOTICEABLY LIGHTER!!!!!! They used color swatched from Elder Sherman Williams' paint store to prove this!!

How do you explain that, if not the fulfillment of prophecy? (I feel a swoon of religious ecstasy coming on!!)

Date: September 14, 2017 07:57PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you explain that, if not the fulfillment of
> prophecy? (I feel a swoon of religious ecstasy
> coming on!!)

I played golf this weekend with a well-known Lamanite from the board.
Since he beat me, and has darker skin that me, I can only conclude that it was SATAN who gave him those straight (but relatively short) drives, and who made me not keep my head down on my iron shots.

So I guess I must bow to your explanation: evil people keep their gorgeous bronze skin, in order that SATAN can continue to influence them and let them win at golf. They also don't need as much sunscreen, which is a sure sign of EVIL!

Meanwhile, all those indian placement program kids, who were forced by their mormon keepers to stay indoors and study instead of play outside, must have become lighter because of prophecy...not because of less exposure to sunshine.

Oh, how did I ever doubt mormon prophecy? It's so clearly right!!!

<grin>

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:51AM

Good times!

But drinking beer ONLY after a short prayer puts a slight nick on your anti-mormon status.

Date: September 15, 2017 11:53AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But drinking beer ONLY after a short prayer puts a
> slight nick on your anti-mormon status.

Hey, it was hot. I simply muttered, "dear god please let this beer be ice cold!"
That doesn't count, does it?

Date: September 14, 2017 08:12PM

I guess it is a good thing I don't have kids then. Can you imagine the horror of them having dark skin? Gasp

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 04:57PM

Golly. Do you suppose this whole skin color thing might be a made up 19th century racist myth?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 06:42PM

No, with Trump in office it's now a 21st century reality.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.