Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Will I Be Ex'd or not? ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:49PM

[*** See admin note below ***]

This is TL;DR.

I am almost in my forties and I am not now, nor have I ever been, married. I have never dated, I have never even so much as held hands with a girl, never kissed, etc.

The very notion of holding hands, kissing, hugging, and going all the way literally makes me sick.

For years, I've endured the rumors and whispers in my ward as I am literally the only single member in our small family ward that should be demoted to branch.

Never in my life been attracted to a woman (or a man for that matter) and have endured the countless invitations to YSA events, with the promise that I will meet my "eternal companion" there, which, to me, is a threat more than a promise.

And I do not think it needs to be said, but I want to put this baby to bed right now..I am NOT, okay, I am NOT....

A couple have been offended because they tried to set me up with a niece or whatever, and I have adamantly and sometimes too assertively always said no.

On more than one occasion, I've somehow been expected to bring someone's "sweet, single" whomever to a Church activity, as if she weren't a grown woman, capable of going all by herself and as if I were a taxi service of some sort.

Somehow, they took my refusals (which at times were explicitly blunt) personally.

Anyway, the bishop just delivered a letter saying my disciplinary council is tomorrow, for "conduct unbecoming a member," that being refusal to make the effort to get married, apparently.

TBH, I'm not sure what the "conduct unbecoming" is. Maybe cursing out the bishop's wife?

That's the only thing...other than the fact that I said, "Touch me again, I'll rip your .... arm off" to a YSA girl from the family ward who touched my shoulder.

Needless to say, she's avoided me since. Those are the only two things I can think of.

I get the angry stares all the time; the parents with three or four kids crawling over them are angry with or jealous of me, because a while ago, I said I was glad I wasn't one of the stupid ones who had kids crawling over them.

I admit, I smirk at those who have snot-nosed, ill-behaved ankle-biters crawling all over them because I know nothing of their misery and I love it. I am a bit snide and condescending at times. Oh, well.

Look, I am blessed with financial independence and can afford to lay about the house doing nothing. I usually do that, but run a small business from my home to keep me occupied and at least somewhat sane.

I would lose that if I get married and even more so if I sired kids. I can do what I want when I want now. If I marry and have kids, my life is basically over.

Even so, the bishop's wife told me I was being selfish because I can provide for a wife and child and give them a wonderful lifestyle, but I refuse to, and that I am therefore sinning, as if I should just pick a wife out like a kitten from the humane society, just because I can afford her.

At least my cat doesn't demand much of me. Feed her, water her, change the litter box, boom...the rest of the day is mine. Not so with a wife and ankle-biters.

I called her a mindless idiot, and I think that's why I'm where I am right now. I refuse to let anyone into my life and disrupt my easy lifestyle, and somehow I'm the bad guy and I'm selfish, a thought apparently held by many in my ward?

I'd rather inherit OD than marry.

And yes, I WILL be recording the DC, and will post the link here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 03:55PM by Concrete Zipper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:54PM

This poster has been trolling us for a while. There's no need to believe a single word of what they write.

CZ (admin)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.