Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 02:59PM

I'm sorry that me responding to your post about being hauled into a court of love because you won't get married, despite your ward's best efforts to brow-beat the hell out of you to do so, has caused it to be pulled down not once, but twice.

My first response was rather lengthy, and somewhat personal. After I posted it, the entire thread was pulled. Then your thread came back online, but my response was gone. So I posted this:

"I responded to your post, but for some reason, after I did so, your original post disappeared, and obviously so did my response.

Now your post is back up, but my response isn't. This is the second such instance for me. I suspect foul play by an admin, since in both instances, the only possible objections could have been subjective, in that the responses were too "me", because they did nothing to violate the standards.

Bully for you, whoever it is.

(and even in this response, I am following the guidelines, which now allow for posting questions on the board regarding how justice is meted out.

While I discussed my recent ascent to sexless thinking, like the OP, I am not gutless.

And OP, I look forward to the link to the audio of the COL."

The first time I hit 'post', I got a message that the thread had been closed. But then the second time I hit 'post', it acted as it should. But then the thread was missing.

I think someone is playing ghawd...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:06PM

If a given word is unacceptable in a sub line, then it is unacceptable (and for the same reasons) as a username...

...and using a workaround, PARTICULARLY as a username, is generally not acceptable either.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:10PM

I think you are about to get a court of love old dog thats what i am feeling. Is there a court of love on this forum? Maybe, maybe i can be judge, jury, and executioner, isnt that how the morg does it? How do you plead old dog?

Date: September 15, 2017 03:11PM

Sure, whatever you say. (that's not to you, Badass...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 03:11PM by elderolddog.

Date: September 15, 2017 03:14PM

Thanks for clarifying i always get confused and i end up in a battle that i shouldnt be in.

Date: September 15, 2017 03:17PM

The OP was fascinating and I hope the original poster takes care of whatever was wrong with his username. I forget what it was, but I didn't notice anything I thought was culpable.

His story was that he is, for want of a better word, sexless, as in asexual. And having lived his whole life in a small, family style ward, they've turned on him because he has never married, and he's defended his turf with vigor.

The bishop's wife tried to scold him and he may have been somewhat inappropriate in the language he used to protect his turf, but it hardly seems to amount to requiring a court of unwholesome love to address the issue.

He said that he is going to record the proceedings and will post a link to the audio, which I feel may provide about 15 minutes of glee, before they throw him out or he walks out, cuz I don't think either side is going to give an inch.

Posted by: Concrete Zipper ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:18PM

This is the same crazy who previously claimed to have impregnated a sister missionary. He has posted several heart-wrenching stories, none of which are particularly consistent.

Don't waste your effort replying.

CZ (admin)

Date: September 15, 2017 03:20PM

Now that makes sense, as opposed to doling out justice without explanation. (Not that any is required, but it's always nice...)

Thank you.

Date: September 15, 2017 03:34PM

But still we have to deal with elderolddog in this confusion i am not sure he is completely innocent hahaha ok im done i cracked myself up.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:47PM

badassadam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But still we have to deal with elderolddog in this
> confusion i am not sure he is completely innocent

That goes without saying, but we tolerate him because we need a token Lamanite on the forum.

Date: September 15, 2017 04:00PM

Totem Lamanite would have worked, too!

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 04:09PM

I shall try and remember that for the future. LOL

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:48PM

Then let's hold a court of love for elderolddog.
I'll start:

elderolddog, I love ya.

Court adjourned :)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 03:51PM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 09:32PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then let's hold a court of love for elderolddog.
> I'll start:
>
> elderolddog, I love ya.
>
> Court adjourned :)

Good start Hie...... Ditto elderolddog.... but then you already knew that. Kiss KIss

Date: September 15, 2017 10:21PM

Ok ok court adjourned this court of love backfired big time. We were suupposed to roast the dog.

Posted by: smooches ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:01PM

:)

whaaaattt... can't stomach a little mushy gushy smoochie poo, badass?? awww com'on! Pucker up! EOD would prol'y give you a little squeeze ;)

(and I'm just having fun.. nothing personal)

Date: September 15, 2017 11:10PM

Ew no no no let go of me no

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 05:30PM

There is no such thing as a COURT OF LOVE. All courts are by their nature courts of retribution. I say this because depending on their findings retributive penalties are exacted.
The label is nothing but "church speak" right out of Orwell's 1984!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 05:34PM by desertman.

Date: September 15, 2017 05:33PM

You speak to the motivation many of us have to continually repeat "Court of Love": it's a misnomer that points to the mormon church's duplicitous nature.

Date: September 15, 2017 09:25PM

I always heard about courts of love in dark corners but i always thought it was bullsh#t but apparently they werent. They sound horrible.

Posted by: Omergod ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 09:22PM

Alive.
(With cc)
Glad.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:53PM

I don't really care who gets the court of love, I'm just here for the cookies and punch. There are cookies and punch, right?

Date: September 15, 2017 11:57PM

Haha always late for the cookies and punch. Well this is my first court of love so i am not sure if there was supposed to be cookies and punch. We shall make it a rule from now on, cookies and punch for all courts of love.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.