Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:03PM

I will have a loin cloth i dont know about you old dog. Its all worked out.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:08PM

WTH? Is this an afterlife lesson I forgot. :)

Date: October 08, 2017 09:11PM

I'm just curious...

Many people like the fact that clothing hides evidence of some of our excesses, and I was just wondering what the evidence supports in this regard.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:14PM

My guess is you show up with only the green apron. Then you get in line to get your white CK toga and sandals.

Date: October 08, 2017 09:15PM

And a gym towel?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:23PM

Maybe.

Only the CK folks have genitals and they are covered by the apron. Everybody else has Barbie and Ken genitals.

Date: October 08, 2017 09:36PM

No, no, no. Nooot me.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 01:08AM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Barbie and Ken genitals.

"Their marriage was a falia 'cause they had no genitalia"

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:21PM

No green apron for you if you are not holding a temple recommend.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:23PM

I'm wearing dryer lint in strategic places.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:25PM

Born Nude ('naked'), I'll die nude too...
The rest is just paperwork, details.

Date: October 08, 2017 09:27PM

Is there a club for people who promised someone on earth that they'd get a message to them, where they can discuss why they did or didn't keep the promise?

Date: October 08, 2017 09:31PM

I think I'm starting to take this 'death thingie somewhat seriously. Can I opt out? Can I escape to Canada, or Belize? I think one of them speaks English...sort of.

Date: October 08, 2017 09:39PM

I want to opt out. I heard you can't die in canada it is pretty safe there, they don't lock their doors old dog.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 09:42PM

You wear a white robe that is open to your bossom.

Though the angel that visits me has skin of bronze, hair jet black and flames and whisps of smoke cover certain areas.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 12:25AM

I have left instructions for me to be cremated in my most favorite pair of worn Levi's and my most comfortable T-Shirt. So, I'm going to wake up looking like a California surfer dude.

Oh, and my plans didn't include underwear, I'm going commando!

And, Dawg, either death is the most blissful slumber, or a reunion of our heroes and family (Plato). Either way, we win. Personally, I can't wait to see you as a 22-year old Lamanite. We'll be cruising The Strip in your 1956 Caddie trying to pick hot babes while Saucie hangs out with the Rat Pack with Old Blue Eyes giving her a squeeze.

Until then, play lots of golf, cuss frequently, make love with passion, and keep posting--you have no idea how much I missed your sorry ass!

Love you, wanker! Dino's Boner.

(((Singing...Everybody needs somebody, sometime...)))

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 12:30AM

If U make that a '57 T-Bird....I'm IN!

Date: October 09, 2017 12:48AM

My uncle had a 56 T-bird. He was dating my aunt in 1956 and they'd have to take me along, crammed in the back, so as to satisfy propriety.

One of the very first cars I stole was the four-seater 58 T-bird... I had just turned 13. Wrecked it chasing a carlosd of 1st ward hotties, with Ralph Draper and Cubby Bear (Teddy Bear's younger brother). Cubby was out of the car, running away, before it stopped rolling, which amazed me and Ralph, because Cubby had been in the back seat.

Youth.....

Date: October 09, 2017 06:52PM

Haha now thats funny. Its a win win cruising down the strip.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 01:49AM

If the Mormons are right--not to worry--where I'm going, I won't have any genitals to cover up.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 01:58AM

You have to wear forever whatever you were wearing when you died. I feel sorry for those who died in open backed hospital gowns.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 02:26AM

This is a really interesting question that I have never thought of before...so: serious answer from me. (In my defense: I waited patiently for twenty posts so I wouldn't derail the lascivious frivolity too soon!)

I think that after you die you're [more or less, and as "clearly" as I can describe it] pure consciousness, and you don't necessarily have a form (let alone a human body)...until you enter into a new body (which could be well be still in the womb).

What I got from my regression is that you're in this incredibly warm and caring and safe and intensely dark place, all alone (to my perception), kind of floating around...

...and then, for me, I was in an infant's body, in a crib, in this wonderfully safe-feeling and sunshine-y room (it was morning, and the sun was coming in the window), with this smiling, cheery woman who was totally unknown to me and who spoke truly abominable Dutch. It took me awhile to learn that she was actually speaking a language other than Dutch, and that I was expected to learn to speak that same language, too. ;)

Before I got into this body, though, and although I really did exist (and could perceive, and I can remember!), I didn't have a body at all (although it never occurred to me that it was odd that I didn't have a body anymore...mostly, I think, because I was still in shock from what had "just" happened--though the time distortion was immense, so I have no idea what "just" meant in regular, three-dimensional life or time).

I have zero idea how long I "floated" in that incredibly wonderful and safe darkness, before I woke up in what I, in time, learned was now "my" room, and I wasn't naked---I was wearing a diaper, and was dressed in a warm and snuggly jumper of some kind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 02:29AM by Tevai.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 09:40AM

I will have a baker's hat.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 09:57AM

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 10:04AM

I am only confident that we will not be limited to white clothes.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 10:32AM

This thread is making me want to go and get a few things "lifted." If we are all going to be wandering around in the buff then it also makes me see dying young while you are still at your prime as a good thing in the long run perhaps?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 07:03PM

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 07:11PM

commongentile: Q: "Why Do Ghosts Wear Clothes?"
A: Because otherwise you can't see them.

---

Dave the Atheist:
Date: October 09, 2017 09:40AM: I will have a baker's hat.

P: The baker's hat is reserved for Atheist---lucky you. (All the other men put theirs in Satan's big fire, to keep the home fires burning.)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 07:54PM

Naked as a razor and as loaded as the dice

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 08:20PM

As a Jay Bird. Presumably.

Date: October 09, 2017 08:30PM

When I was a young buck, active in the church and vaingloriously thinking I knew a lot about the mysteries, I learned that passing over into the spirit world would be so seamless that it would NOT make any impression on, for example, jack mormons. They wouldn't 'wake up' in the spirit world and immediately exclaim, "OMG, it's real!!!" and become firm in the faith.

Nope, jack mo's and people who knew about mormonism but didn't convert would NOT be impressed by their new surroundings sufficient to leap to new belief. And that made good sense.

But there was never any explanation regarding the details... And waking up naked in the spirit world didn't seem a likely option.

Weird shit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 08:51PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 08:47PM

I think that all the men, including God, are dangling out. Also, none of the men are circumcised any more, because everything is "restored," if you remember your scriptures.

Date: October 09, 2017 08:51PM

I was kinda hoping for "new & improved..."

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: October 09, 2017 10:27PM

You can’t improve on perfection, wanker!

Posted by: JustHangingOn@57 ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 01:25AM

Crossing fingers for total nude. We are taught that when we are reserected it is our perfect self. Well, brothers and sisters, my perfect self is not fat, has a head full of thick hair, and is hung like a horse.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:06PM

I foresee a LOT of disappointed Utah mormon women with deflated chests -- unless, of course, Eloheim has perfected eternal plastic surgery.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 12:24PM

The question would indicate there are degrees of nakedness. There's like saying your a little bit pregnant. You either are naked out you aren't.

Date: October 10, 2017 01:03PM

But it would make a bit of sense if a woman said, "I'm a little bit pregnant right now, but in six months I'm going to really, really be pregnant!"

And what if you're so naked your soul is showing?

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 01:11PM

You are in temple clothes. I hope you like that awesome hat and apron.

Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 02:08PM

Walking around for eternity in the CK dressed in a white robe that constantly falls off my shoulder, a bakers hat that digs into my forehead - leaving an eternal headline, wearing plastic white shoes that make my feet sweat, and only being able to speak in a hushed whisper. That sounds like pure hell to me. Thanks but I'll pass.

Date: October 10, 2017 03:13PM

You're gonna miss the sofas!!

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: October 10, 2017 03:30PM

Do you really want to see Tommie, Gordie, your parents and grandparents naked?

so is mormon hell for those not qualified for the CK having the urges, but no equipment to relieve yourself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 03:31PM by evergreen.

Date: October 10, 2017 04:09PM

So, no eternal emissions?

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 08:56AM

In my extensive reading as a TBM, I recall coming across some GA saying that we awake in the next world naked as we were when we entered this world. To cover the nakedness of the newly arrived, legions of faithful sister seamstresses were diligently at work on the other side stitching up trousseaus of spiritual clothing.

Give an inch to a crazy person and they will take a crazy country mile.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.