Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 02:37PM

I just watched NNN's proxy anointing video again and the thought popped into my head: "How can anyone, by the looongest stretch of the imagination, believe this shit!?" Unless I'm mistaken, I think he uses his real name as the dead guy name, which is pretty amusing. Discernnment? In the temple?? Geez....

Anyway, back to the subject: What am I referring to? Please tell me I'm wrong, because this is so far out there in Crazy Town and I can't believe it didn't hit me until I watched the video again.

OK, so....

You get vicariously baptized and confirmed as a member of TSCC, with the associated anointing stuff like "...your vitals and bowels, that they may be healthy and strong and perform their proper functions; your arms and hands, that they may be strong and wield the sword of justice in defense of truth and virtue; your loins, that you may be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, that you might have joy in your posterity; your legs and feet, that you might run and not be weary, and walk and not faint."

Wait. Wait a minute....

YOU'RE DEAD!!

You are either in the CK, OR your spirit is separated from your body until the resurrection, when they will reunited (I hope that bullet hole in Hyrum Smith's face gets fixed). Anyway, despite TSCC's teachings I still most TBM's think they'll go right into the CK and do the Eternity Shuffle.

Anyway, my point is: how in hell can you wield the sword of justice in a perfect place like the CK, or the TK, or the perfect world after the resurrection!?

How can you be fruitful and replenish the earth?? You're dead! You're done for this world in the replenishment department!

Not be weary? You're dead! Plenty of time to rest!

Seriously now, they couldn't come up with a better endowment for dead people!?

Please tell me I missed something, because this is utter and complete bullshit that only proves the brainwashing is 100% complete, and I mean North Korea style.

And "prophet's" have written hundreds of books (referencing each other of course) discussing this utter crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 02:42PM

"Utter and complete bullshit" comes across as a bit harsh. We need to find something harsher...

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 02:45PM

"Utter and complete bullshit" comes across as a bit harsh. We need to find something harsher..."

My first LOL of the day.

And I'm stealing it!

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 02:55PM

Can't all that temple stuff for the dead be done by the prophet in one glorious blessing? We're talking about tens of thousands of years of human beings we have no record of. How are they going to be done? And according to my DNA report I am 2.9% Neanderthal. Is the church going to do them too? I think the prophet could make the Catholic sign of the cross and all the dead would get the temple stuff done for them. That way a person would only need to do their own temple stuff. Wait!!! Then there wouldn't need to be that many temples. Wait!!! Maybe the temple stuff could be done at the local stake center and the temples could become what? Monuments to the Big 15?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 04:47PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait. Wait a minute....
>
> YOU'RE DEAD!!
> How can you be fruitful and replenish the
> earth?? You're dead! You're done for this world
> in the replenishment department!
>
> Not be weary? You're dead! Plenty of time to
> rest!

You probably knew this was going to make me think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.