Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 03:29PM

on. I have to share this for everybody treated like sh#t by old guys in suits in the church. This is a necessary post. So i was walking behind him and he was strutting through the mall like he was hot shit like he really thought he was something special in his own world and his own mind. This whole experience made me soo greatful to not be one of them. So deseret industries is totally on the other side of the mall not even close to where we entered and i said to myself i would bet a million dollars to everybody in this mall that he will go straight to deseret industries without sidestepping or looking at anybody or looking at other stores. And i kept following him and following him i was headed to see if my friends were in the mall playing cards or something but i kept following him so i could win my bet. And wala he strutted right into deseret industries. Congratulations sir you are completely an owned soul that even the lowlevel badass could predict like the back of his hand. I know it was an easy bet but you had to be there to see this guy to appreciate the ownage. Finally, i feel they are more owned than i was, its a god damn miracle, maybe this is what revenge feels like i think it is. I kind of want them to be stuck in that world and that is pretty twisted i know. So this is for all the people that were abused by the church leaders, we are definitely winning i witnessed it today. You had to be there. Ok flame away badass out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hunnnydew ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 03:35PM

I’m getting annoyed now ...

Date: October 14, 2017 03:49PM

Now we are getting somewhere. Old man in a suit?

Date: October 14, 2017 03:55PM

I think i meant deseret bookstore sorry. Those deserets are all the same to me.

Posted by: grudunza ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:13AM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think i meant deseret bookstore sorry. Those
> deserets are all the same to me.

That’s an important distinction for this story. You should probably edit the original post, eh?

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 05:30PM

Old man in a suite? I believe this was the same guy on the grassy knoll....

Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 03:38PM

They are so predictable LOL, but as lots of them (old men with suits) are dicks, I wouldn't have felt bad for him either.
Enjoy your badass freedom Adam.

Date: October 14, 2017 03:59PM

I do feel more free but i would feel even more free if i could get all my pain under control. But i would rather be in pain then be that guy.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:05PM

I believe that CBD oil can help a great deal with your pain. It's a hemp product, but it is legal and sold over the counter in my state and legal in most states, though some may require a marijuana card. Unfortunately, it's quite expensive. Somehow, my husband manages to scrape up the money and buy it for me.

Date: October 14, 2017 06:29PM

It is extremely expensive. I tried some gumdrops with CBD in it without the marijuana for about 10 days and it did not seem to do much.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 03:41PM

Sounds like he was/is on a mission from God (Blues Brothers,) and you were betting that he was (you were right.)

Too funny.

Maybe he just wanted to get his exercise by walking across the mall today instead of parking close to the side he was going to.

Wonder what business he had over at the DI? Maybe he's one of the management there.

Usually the shoppers don't show up in business attire.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 12:01AM

Amyjo Wrote:
> Sounds like he was/is on a mission from God (Blues
> Brothers,) and you were betting that he was (you
> were right.)

"Gadd"

Just sayin'

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 03:51PM

Not another curtain call. I thought you were leaving. As Hunnydew said....

Date: October 14, 2017 03:57PM

I wanted to smoke some people out but this really did happen today.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:19PM

Here's my Mormon encounter for the week:

I was commuting to work on the local highway. It moves at a fast clip during rush hours. The going speed for the particular stretch of road that I was on is 70; later on it turns into 80 mph. The police don't seem to mind and they usually travel at the same rate we do. I've been doing this daily commute for nearly two decades now. The commuters for the most part are competent drivers who all want to get to where they are going in an efficient manner.

Well, there was a sudden slowdown on one particular neck of the road. It's not normal for that area, but stuff happens. I hit the breaks. Since I normally allow 2 or even 3 car lengths between me and the car ahead of me, it was no big deal. The massive, newish, shiny white SUV behind me gave a loud, annoyed honk as I hit the breaks. WTF? He can probably see the slowdown even better than I can.

There was a time long ago when the drivers of the big SUVs behaved like bullies on the road, but they've more or less settled down. Not this fellow. He seemed to view driving as a competitive sport, as some do. He was evidently very annoyed at me and at selected other drivers, and zoomed around us all as he was able. I try to maintain a sense of humor about such drivers, but sometimes it's difficult to see someone who thinks that their urgent need to get to work somehow super cedes your own.

I saw him further down the highway, later on. He had inexplicably moved over to the center lane, and had slowed down somewhat for whatever reason. I was still in the fast lane, doing the expected 80 mph. I saw his vanity license plate, and it had an "LDS" woven in. Oh. As I passed him, I glanced over. He was a guy in his 40s. White shirt and tie. He looked deeply unhappy. Oh.

Yet another Peter Priesthood on his way to the CK.

Date: October 14, 2017 06:35PM

Yes i really dont want to be that unhappy. I may not be happy now but multiply me by a million and that is how unhappy i was in the church. Whenever i get tailgated like i did once today i just pull off to the far right so they can see that its clear and to move on by. Its almost in a comical way i move way off to the right. Its a hurry to go no where.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:22PM

I like to wear a suit sometimes. I like tone occasionally feel more refined than I really am. It's a bit of a confidence booster.

So, hate me if you must, but I'll say this: if you ever see me in a Deseret Bookstore wearing a suit, you are hereby given permission to punch me in the face.

Only once though please, I'm a bit of a pansy.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 06:25PM

"to" for "tone", please. I can't ever seem to get my words right with this tablet.

Date: October 14, 2017 06:38PM

I hate suits i feel like a fraud to myself. I get trauma whenever i see a suit, but if i see someone going into deseret book i will yell out HUMBERTO and see if there is a reaction.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 01:42AM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> I hate suits i feel like a fraud to myself. I get
> trauma whenever i see a suit, but if i see someone
> going into deseret book i will yell out HUMBERTO
> and see if there is a reaction.

My wife thinks some men look really hot in suits. She doesn't think the old LDS geezers in suits look hot, but some others do, she says.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 14, 2017 09:16PM

I have heatd speakers get up and during their talk brag about some incident during which they were strikingly rude to another driver on the road or to a waitress. They tell the story smirking and the congregation laughs like it was cute and funny. As if it took some kind of talent to be so mean. Twice I saw and heard this. I'm getting pissed as hell thinking about it. What jerks.

Date: October 14, 2017 11:11PM

This happens quite often when the congregation laughs at something horrible that the person said at the podium. Maybe the meanness has rubbed off on me i don't know.

Posted by: AfraidOfMormons ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 04:38AM

We moved to SLC with my TBM husband and our children, when we were still TBM. On my way somewhere, I passed a new Mormon temple, that I had never seen, so I drove up the hill. The parking lot was empty, except for about 5-6 cars near the temple. I stopped my car on the side of the road leading into the parking lot, to enjoy the best view, and stopped the motor. No one was there.

After a few minutes a woman in a SUV pulled up behind me, but there was plenty of room for her to pass--an entire empty parking lot on that side--and there were no other cars even near the road. She refused to pass me, but stayed behind me and honked. I rolled down the window, and motioned her to pass me. It took her a while, before she realized, oh, that she could cross that little yellow line when no one was there, and pass me. She gunned her motor, and sped past me, giving me the finger! On her back window were those stickers of a mother and a father and 6 little children.

I thought that was a great impression of a Mormon housewife going to the temple. What contempt she had in her heart, for someone who appeared to be not towing the painted white line, someone enjoying the view, while she had to go into that oppressive, windowless building and perform rituals for dead people, pledge her allegiance to her husband.

I know what you mean. The Mormons aren't really fooling anyone but each other.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 05:45AM

Actions really do speak so much louder than words sometimes.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 09:58AM

Afraid of m, it looks like that awful woman would have checked to see if your car had broken down there.

Posted by: grudunza ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 10:18AM

>>There was a time long ago when the drivers of the big SUVs behaved like bullies on the road, but they've more or less settled down. Not this fellow. He seemed to view driving as a competitive sport, as some do. He was evidently very annoyed at me and at selected other drivers, and zoomed around us all as he was able.

Side note that I drive a lot around the country and I don’t think that has changed. Whenever there’s some impatient jerkface driver, riding on my tail and trying to get around me and everyone else, almost without exception it’s someone in an SUV or large pickup truck.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 11:23AM

Well, see, he knew DI's are where they hide the secret portals to Kolob. Only those who've had their Calling and Election Made Sure® know this and the extra-double-secret signs and tokens to get in. He was on his way to a personal chat with Elohim.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.