Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 07:01PM

If ever there was a tragic time in European history it was World War 2 when tens of millions died. Well I shall now attempt to share with you a moment in LDS church history that ought to help all of you (if well-informed) better understand how the Gift of Discernment works within Mormonism. That way you can feel confidence in making the right choices in your life.

In hindsight I think LDS members can all agree that the 1930's was a time when the Lord has some last minute soul saving work to do in Europe. At the time the Church had many missions throughout Europe and someone very special and super spiritual with the highest integrity, honesty, and transparency was needed to take on the awesome responsibility of leading all those missions at that critical moment of history. Thus as the head Prophet-Seer-Revelator in the Church the beloved Heber J. Grant and his counselors & other leaders contemplated what to do.

The decision was made to send the great mighty Apostle and prophet-seer-revelator Richard R. Lyman to Europe in 1936-1938 in order to prepare the way for the coming great calamity in Europe. For well over a decade the faithful members of the Church from the mighty Heber J. Grant to re-fellowshipped members like Anna Jacobsen Hegsted had been all wholeheartedly without any wavering doubts faithfully sustaining this mighty Apostle as a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. Those who didn't were those apostates and others who didn't have the wondrous claims of these marvelous Gifts of the Spirit which all these supportive sustainers had.

Thus this mighty Apostle (with his wife Amy) went to Europe for 2 years and on return Amy was put in charge of the General Relief Society as its President during World War Two. Surely we can presume that the Lord badly needed a woman in a very stable and squeaky clean marriage like the Lymans surely would've had for such an important calling to be put forth by God to this family during a time of great tragedy throughout the world.

So as we wonder on these monumental callings made to this might Apostle and his wife during that era we can better understand how the Gifts of Discernment work in Mormonism. I think that dishonest people may scoff and try to bury the facts on this matter. But I bear solemn testimony that the truth shall reign in the end and all your lives will be blessed as you better understand this history.

Any of you pesky Apostates have any thoughts on this topic?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 08:22PM

My kind of happy hypocrite!!

I'm only 72; Lyman was 73 when the SLC cops busted down the door and caught him in bed with the second wife!

How the heck did he pull off an almost 20 year extra-marital relationship in Salt Lake City!!

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 01:24AM

Here I come to save the day. Mighty Apostle is on his way!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 09:26AM

How mighty was Heber J.Grant ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.