Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 09:55PM

We will never know the pain and suffering that some people experience, unless we have to live through the same experience ourselves.

When my three-year-old daughter passed away two years ago, nobody could tell me that they knew what it felt like to lose a child. It was difficult for me to open up and share my feelings with others about the entire ordeal.

Kudos to Brian Fies for taking the opportunity to share with us about the deeply life-changing event that the most recent California wildfires brought to him. It would not have been easy to do so. Although it is a cartoon, Brian's work has helped me understand how this deeply sorrowful event has affected so many people. I can still never say that I know how Brian's great personal loss feels. I can merely seek understanding so that I may help those people through their suffering that have experienced such great loss.

Have a gander and imagine how you would feel. It would have really hurt to lose such sentimental items and start rebuilding your life's work.

http://brianfies.blogspot.ca/2017/10/a-fire-story-complete.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 12:20PM

"We will never know the pain and suffering that some people experience, unless we have to live through the same experience ourselves.

When my three-year-old daughter passed away two years ago, nobody could tell me that they knew what it felt like to lose a child. It was difficult for me to open up and share my feelings with others about the entire ordeal."

Absolutely true.

When my 2-year-old son was killed, I had several people offer to listen if I needed someone to talk to. I took two different people up on that offer, but it quickly became quite apparent that they could not help - they had NO idea what I was going through. Eventually, I was able to successfully share my feelings and thoughts with my friend's wife, who had lost her 8-year-old child in a traffic accident several years before.

Years later, my teenage daughter drowned, and I needed support again. This time, I found Compassionate Friends, a support group made up of people who have lost a child - at whatever age. https://www.compassionatefriends.org/ I attended several meetings at a local chapter, and found the support I needed, as well as being able to support others myself. I highly recommend this group for anyone who has the ultimate misfortune to have such an experience.

My story is here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=don%27t+cry+pappa

(I have previously posted this link on this Board - a couple of years ago - with admin approval)

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 12:24PM

That is so sad. I think I wouldn't be near as rational and brave. I think I'd have to stare at a wall for a while. Far longer than anyone would tolerate.

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your daughter, and thank you for the important reminder to focus on and cherish the all the good things of life. There are no guarantees. Take nothing for granted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.