Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 09:47PM

Hi aren't you tired of missionaries lies? These are some they said, Joseph Smith didn't have many wives! The book of Mormon is true!we love you and want to help you be baptized! Joseph Smith had many wives to bring spirit babies here,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 11:31PM

I wonder how much is lies and how much is ignorance.

I met a missionary once that found out about the angel Moroni when he memorized the discussions.

Date: November 12, 2017 08:02PM

Or you get just pray about the book of Mormon because I have prayed and received a answer, or do you believe Joseph Smith was a prophet? You get sucked into it and I was just nice to missionaries! Big mistake

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 09:11PM

In my case, I had a very broken family because of alcohol abuse. I was a shy kid who wanted to do the right thing. The Mormons told me I was special. I was chosen to hear the voice of the Shepard and to become one of the fold. My family would follow me into the only true church. I bought it 100%. It could have been Jim Jones, Scientology, Jehovahs’ Witnesses, or any other cult.

Date: November 12, 2017 09:29PM

I'm broken to and they said we love you and other love bombs I got but cults want you in and once you go in it is hard to leave

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 01:05PM

The [lds] "church" is built on lies (and ignorance, and misinformation) - and advertised and defended by missionaries - so what can you expect?

Nothing. Worse than nothing.

M@t

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 02:17PM

I was told as a convert that everything I needed to know about the Mormon church in order to be baptized was taught to me in the discussions. WRONG!!!! I was baptized without even knowing who the president of the church was. I'd only read a few verses from the BofM and hadn't been told anything about temple garments. And, of course, there was a lot more I did not know. I went to BYU without knowing what RM meant. Also didn't know what they meant when they kept talking about GA's. I felt like an alien from another planet when I landed in Provo, UT.

I feel like I should have been allowed an annulment from Mormonism rather than having to resign. I wish it could be like I'd never even joined since so much was hidden when I got baptized. Since I didn't know what I didn't know it was kind of hard to educate myself. This was also pre-internet era. No wonder the church grew so quickly in those years. There was no way to know how much was being hidden.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 03:24PM

I like that, Pooped. An annulment.
Such a trap, and an oxymoron, that Mormonism ('perfect-truth') BS.

Lies, IGNORANCE, omissions, wrong-information, twisted-information, un-education, inexperience, excuses, assumptions, guesses and self-delusion are just some of the worn out tools of the missionary trade.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.