Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 10:53AM

It has been 20 years since been out, wanted to come back and say Thank You for all the help, support, and ideas.
The m fosters codependency, and that is very hard to break. It leaves us alone, vulnerable and weakened. Life caught up fast and got busy. As it should.
I have some time to come back and give a longer perspective.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 11:18AM

I'd love to hear your "longer perspective" when you have time.
RfM, besides being Erik's baby, is what the people who come here make it. Everybody's contribution is valuable :)

Posted by: itbeen20 ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 12:08PM

Ificould...long ,-)
Just trying to say, you do get there, alive, healthy, and well!
Good question! The longer perspective is about anything and everything, with the added time factor. Of being able to step back!
Toss out an example: Mormons get a lot of validation with Elders. We all have our experience with respecting elders, parent, wisdom, etc, and it is there. All established and they sure do use it!
Experience adds up.
Anyhow, these two elders are impressive— the inference is they know something you donot.
So that gives them power. It is a presentation of power. They also dress the part— and that does not harm, but enhances.
Ms put a lot of fingers on the scale.
Let’s see: when ms fizzle into the old “god told me and witnessed” standby— at that point there is no truth or validity to what they say.
Just ask!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 13, 2017 01:42PM

I'm keeping tabs on how long I've been in the church vs. how long I've been out. I was a convert so there were many years before I joined that I was out. It is only nine more years before I will have been out of the church more than I was in. I plan on having a really big celebration to commemorate the fact that I spent more of my life as a non-Mormon than a Mormon. I doubt any other ex-religionist can understand the feeling of anticipation.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 07:43AM

Congratulations!
Yes, it all adds up.
It is an accomplishment. You can start the clock from your first questioning and noticing something wrong. It is not the official date, but it is a process.
That might add a few years for you?
The process of getting out is long because it is in proportion to all that was dumped on you!
Most other religions donot have quite as much guilt and elaborate schemes.
Being m is being in a labyrinth— Yooohooo, where are you... real maze....
Ms just hunt people down. No one has any say.
Think now I can say, that any institution that proselytizes is simply looking for business. If I was good, and your god was all so good and right, you would not have to do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 07:44AM by itzbeen20.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 07:56AM

That's one thing I love about Judaism. Is its prohibition on proselytizing. It doesn't seek out converts, it even discourages others from joining - it is not a religion to go knocking on doors.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.