Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 09:56PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 10:24PM

There's a lot of deception all around us. The Mormons don't have a patent on confidence work. Advertising is purposefully misleading. Propaganda is freely dispensed. I think, for me, the loss of any belief whatsoever in Mormonism made me look at everything differently. If my parents put so much energy into gaslighting me, why wouldn't any stranger do the same? The thing is that they will. And old redneck once told me, "believe nothing you hear and half of what you see."

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 10:44PM

No one is exactly what they seem.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 11:05PM

Thank you finally someone sees the world like i do. Feel like people are trying to hoodwink me every freaking day. I don't even watch tv anymore because the same tactics are used from mormonism. Didn't a mormon invent the tv here in idaho? Coincidence?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 15, 2017 11:09PM

Anybody that has left mormonism should know they are not free yet. You left a small cage for a bigger one in my opinion. But don't let it drive you crazy because it will. Just eat sleep and breathe while everybody else does whatever just focus on your own healing.

Posted by: cynful ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 12:39AM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anybody that has left mormonism should know they
> are not free yet. You left a small cage for a
> bigger one in my opinion. But don't let it drive
> you crazy because it will. Just eat sleep and
> breathe while everybody else does whatever just
> focus on your own healing.

Adam, wish I had a "like" button for your post, especially the last two sentences. You are absolutely right... we cannot
control what others do, how they think, etc., and IMHO, trying to do that is a complete waste of one's time, energy, and life.
Like you, and many others here, I am also in therapy and even though it is sometimes difficult, I am SO glad that I started.
Overall, I have found it to be very life affirming, especially when it comes to learning that it is perfectly fine, and very much needed, to focus on my own healing without being put on a guilt trip for doing so, and I feel quite positive about that- it has been a long time coming. Again, thank you for this post... it is really inspiring and and extremely relatable. You ARE healing Adam- go back and read what you wrote... it is honest, thoughtful and positive... love hearing this from you! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 12:41AM by cynful.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 02:04AM

My nephew believes the world is soone's 3-D printer computerized simulation gone awry.

Posted by: Be Very Afraid ( )
Date: November 16, 2017 03:05AM

The real world is almost too good to be true!

The Mormons brainwashed us to fear the world outside of Mormonism. I was so pleasantly surprised to find LOVE out here--for the first time! I will never remarry. The love I have is agape, the real, brotherly-sisterly love. I always had true unconditional love for my children and grandchildren. Thank God the Mormons couldn't talk me out of that.

Leaving Mormonism has led to many great adventures, for me and my children! I love life, now!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.