Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bert ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 02:15PM

O.K. The thing I find interesting is that Hatch stated he would gladly explain to Steve Bannon what Mormonism is about.

What Hatch and ALL other Mormons do not get is that everybody understands what Mormonism is and what it's people stand for. Yet they still can not understand why the, the Mormons, are always under attack, suspicion, or accuzation.

Read here

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/363529-orrin-hatch-fires-back-at-bannon-for-attacking-romneys-religious

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 02:38PM

This was interesting. Steve Bannon might like the racist stuff in the BOM--who knows?

I think Mr. Bannon's attack was off base and nonsensical since DJT avoided the draft because of some specious bone spurs in his foot, and his kids have not served in the military either. Yet, Mr. Bannon moved heaven, earth, and Russia to elect this guy President.

Not all criticisms of Mormonism are created equal, and I think exmos need to put down the bad ones--at the very least because they only serve to deepen the devotion of Mormons--well and being honest has its own value.

Having said that, Mr. Hatch's response was on the self righteous--bordering on sanctimonious. But that's Senator Hatch's general response to this kind of thing. Welcome distraction from the tax bill anyway.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 03:39PM

I don't have a problem with these two giving their opinions, but I do have a problem with Hatch's proof reader missing such a glaring mistake in the text. How could they not notice that "selfless service of missionaries" was supposed to read "self serving service of missionaries?"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 04:06PM

Bannon hates everyone that isn't him...kinda like the dude he sued to work for.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 04:19PM

I am no fan of Bannon but where did he directly attack Mormonism? He does not appear to be making any comment on Mormonism but on Romney using it, in his view, to avoid the Vietnam draft. That said, I agree that her seems to have a mental block when it comes to Trump and the issue.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 05:55PM

Bannon gave an interview a few months ago in which he said that religious fundamentalism was not his goal--his goal was economic nationalism--but the fundamentalism was necessary to bring together a political majority.

That strategic vision manifested in a couple of Trump statements during the campaign that were critical of Mormonism and designed to appeal to the evangelical right. The new attacks are of a piece with that. Attacking Romney in particular was a good way to assault the establishment GOP while also rallying the Christian right.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 08:12PM

I think if Bannon digs a little deeper, he can find out about mistakes DJT and Romney made when they were five.

I served in the military and found it to be basically a welfare program with guns. Rich people don’t need welfare. Banks need muscle, so it all works out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.