Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 01, 2018 09:33PM

I received PATHWAYS THROUGH TO SPACE: An Experiential Journal, by Franklin Merrell-Wolff, and have been [quite contentedly!! :) ] working my way through it. (It is going slowly, because I am cross-referencing much of what I am reading in it with some of the background texts (Hindu/Vedanta) I grew up with...

...which is going slowly, too, because I'm checking the text against the Sanskrit I have been (in some cases) reviewing, or (in other cases) learning for the first time. (I have gone from already-learned, individual, Sanskrit words and concepts--- mostly the ones I grew up with---to actually beginning to learn the language in an organized way. I began organized Sanskrit studies a few years ago, but life intervened and I couldn't continue at that time...but this time, I already had the Sanskrit learning materials available and on my own bookshelves.)

PATHWAYS is an extremely insightful book, and it is exactly what I needed, because I really am beginning to understand the Christian theology ("salvation," etc.) I have never before understood.

Many, many thanks for directing me in the direction of this book!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2018 09:43PM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: January 02, 2018 07:50AM

You're extremely welcome! That book got me started on reading many other things by him (including prior books he wrote under the pseudonym "Yogagnani" and later transcriptions of many talks he recorded--I even got tapes of many of those talks, though I found his voice too slow and ponderous). Did you know a foundation to further his contributions was started a few years ago? http://www.merrell-wolff.org

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 02, 2018 01:50PM

That does sound like a very insightful read.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:23PM

Tevai, hope you saw that link...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.