Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Clarity ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 02:25PM

I am so special.

This week my SP was at the temple, and HF told him to give me a special assignment. Apparently I am the only person in the stake who can deliver on the task.

It is very humbling to know that the big guy in this part of the Lord's Vineyard was chatting it up with the creator of the freaking universe, and my name came up. It seems that Elohim truly knows who I am. He understands my needs. He knows that I can serve his children. He knows that I am faithful and that he can count on me.

Just think, with all that stuff going on out in the world, including war, famines, sex trafficking, earthquakes, and women wearing too many ear rings, and the man upstairs clears his calendar to mind meld with the SP and talk about my assignment.

Don't you think God would have also told President Doofus that I have been carrying a resignation letter in my coat pocket for years, but I am too lazy or insecure to hand it over to my dear bishop? Yep, I have been absolutely unconvinced for years. I don't "have doubts", rather I do not believe any of it.

Meanwhile, I continue to sit with my DW each Sunday, make token (yet apparently believable) tithing donatations, and lie my arse off every two years on at least three or four questions in the recommended interview. I skip SS and PH as often as possible, and I never attend the temple and never sign up for anything.

I disagree with the church about its treatment of women, homosexuals, children, money, and many other things.

I feel like a lying sack of crap. I'm bored, disgusted, and unhappy most of the time due to this interminable situation.

I really hate this church. Really, really, really.

Why didn't God tell him that?

Either they really need to work on their communication, or you should count your blessings that you even know me.

Maybe I am more awesome than I think...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 03:09PM

I agree, how very "spechul" and completely inspired that fine church job is! It would have to be straight from almighty God since the decision was made in the temple. I can picture your SP sitting in there listening to and responding to a bunch of crazy jibber jabber and wearing an idiotic costume, complete with a dumb hat that in olden days, I have seen people who were being treated for ringworm on the scalp wear. Yep, sounds legitimate to me.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 03:14PM

I have studied this stuff for a few years now.

Just have to admit that I have never heard of this before ------ Mormons are special.

I have got to be very happy to know you based on your references.

When God talks directly to you, since you are buds, please return and report!

Date: January 21, 2018 10:28AM

...but the church leaders have the sweet hookups.

I should have known that it was all lie when the missionaries said that the feeling I was getting was the holy ghost.

How could I have been such an idiot?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:40AM

But when I try to get through
On the telephone to you
Nobody’s home.

Eight year olds, dude. They do love their never land.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 09:20AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2018 09:21AM by steve benson.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:53AM

YOU are the one that provided the set up for this in your post, sooooo you should not mind that I can NOT get it out of my mind about just how splendid a moment it would have been IF you had handed your SP your letter of resignation right on the spot in response to the calling that he had just issued to you!!!!

That would be one sweeeeeeet deal !!!!

Date: January 21, 2018 12:59PM

What a missed opportunity that was!

I always dreamed of reading to the ward during testimony meeting. I wonder how was the microphone would stay on?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:10AM

That whole mindset we had seems so silly and egocentric.

Right, you are SO SPECIAL that God is answering your prayers. Screw starving and abused children. They aren't important enough.

Right, the church is SO SPECIAL that God is "inspiring" leaders to call people to church positions. God is so concerned about this that it takes priority over people praying for cures to cancer and peace.

Right, various religions are SO SPECIAL that God designated them as "chosen." The adherents who actually believe their holy books actually think their ethno and egocentric views are validated by a god. God was so into one little tribe in the Middle East as his special pets in the entire universe.

At some point you have to acknowledge you worship a psychopath god with erratic and immoral priorities. Sorry, but the "We don't understand God's ways" is a cop out.

I especially like the mechanism they have for "emotional feeling justification" by claiming a Holy Spirit is behind it. Right, that's the ticket. This is God's very special way of letting people think they are SO SPECIAL that even the Holy Ghost is hanging around them.

I am amazed in this day and age people still eat this stuff up from their religions. Stupid humans.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:25AM

This reminds me of when I was in college, occasionally going to church only for social reasons, and The Lord inspired the bishopric to call me to be the elders quorum president. I chuckled to myself, because not only was I a disbeliever, but I was graduating in a couple of weeks and moving away. I let them set me apart, then they never saw me again.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:40AM

Clarity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It is very humbling to know that the big guy in
> this part of the Lord's Vineyard was chatting it
> up with the creator of the freaking universe, and
> my name came up. It seems that Elohim truly knows
> who I am. He understands my needs. He knows that I
> can serve his children. He knows that I am
> faithful and that he can count on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srILFPwAAuU

well that is basically what elder Bednar says. of course Bednar also says that the MORmON church is not a corporation

> Maybe I am more awesome than I think...

that is what your MORmON leaders will say in order to get you to accept their calling for you . then they will use it as leverage to run you into the ground . then, when or IF you quit, you will be part of the scum of the earth.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:55AM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Bednar also says that the MORmON church is
> not a corporation...

Of all the lies, this is the one that bothers me the most, and hits most at the core of why I no longer believe nor practice Mormonism.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 07:50PM

I wonder if the leader who told you this was actually trying to reset y our responses. They were directing or commanding you to know or be, some specific special thing (then listing a series to jobs to do right?)

I wonder if they may have assumed or known that was not actually how you might have felt, but felt dejected or skeptical instead and deliberately attempted to relabel you, spin your assumptions.

Were they talking only to you? Do you know what their background or training may include? lawyers sales marketing some counseling some human resources management some managers trainers coaches

might be able to select a talent they want to keep or promote among their employees or team, (or a mark for sales) and then
actually choose to "reframe" some attitude supporting doing more sales or work for the team. directed by the speaker.

I wonder if they might have known exactly how skeptical you felt but hesitated to let you leave the 'team' and approached your directly specifically with an objective to assist your attitude

did it work? are you feeling 'special' anymore? If the leader's management skills aren't working to assist you in their spin strategies, they might not want you on their team doing special things. Are those special things important to you financially or socially? Do you think you have to feel very special in order to serve your community in that task management? Do you think that feeling special is important to your relationship with this leader? Are you abler to continue enjoying your social and fiscal roles feeling special as you were directed, o r do you think it'll be alright without feeling very special about it?

can being social or fiscally involved in tasks for an organization work for you, without 'specialness' being involved or a direct special from the universe on it?

what if you wake up and there's a dead calf at a dairy you drive by on the way to work? how will you deal with god letting the calf, die? on a, farm? what if you find out there is, bacteria, causing a need for antibiotics among the dairy herd? in the milk? what if, there are, flies? flies, again? near the dairy? how will you deal with it? Will you, feel, special, to you, enough? even though, God let there be flies, near the dairy? and flies bother you in the car on the drive? they fly between you and the windshield and elevate no activate when it is warm and you turn on your heater. Can you handle, that god, let there be flies? are you are special, in a world without flies. insects. or cock roaches. and never need know who had to spray.
what will God do about that? and if your spouse calls to say the exterminator dropped their price spraying at your house will that be a special blessing? so you know, it wasn't just the January special sales marketing induction but, it was a special blessing for you. Really special. just, like, you.

hard to take, I know.

um maybe you can change the subject when he talks about being special again. Breathing isn't special. eating isn't actually special. existing is not special. but enjoying it is! maybe you could focus on enjoying it. Try to teach him to enjoy instead of be special. That would be a great conference talk. Take it to your wards when you speak as a stake representative, the leader will probably never know. If he hears you tell him you misheard him, what you gathered he said was how you enjoyed so many special blessings and asked you to share it with others. So here is goes- enjoy. teach others to enjoy themselves. Its a great progression. Maybe you can enjoy it. ....

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 08:11PM

Your awesome for that position.

What is it?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 09:14AM

The day I left the church for good was when the bishop caught me at Sacrament meeting (I'd been skipping them for months, only went to this one because a friend of mine was doing his mission return speech), and pulled me into his office.

He gave me the same stuff as your SP did -- how special I was, how the lard told him to call ME to this position, how the lard told him I had a special talent for it, how the lard told him that this was to be my calling.

But the lard apparently didn't tell him I didn't believe any of the church's crap anymore, that I'd gone inactive months before, that I hadn't been attending a singles ward in another stake like I told him I'd been doing, and that I'd just come back from sneaking into the SLC temple without a recommend (and getting away with it) to see my brother's "temple marriage."

Not very bright, the lard. Or the bishop.

That was the last straw for me. I called him on it, told him I didn't believe a word of mormonism, told him I wouldn't take his calling (to indoctrinate kids' minds in Sunday School), and walked out never to return.

Maybe it's time to pull that letter out of your pocket...?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.