Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 05:25PM

Definitely not a new topic or new finding. Bishops have been counseling those with troubled marriages to 'stay in the boat' for years. Some of the abusive marriages that I am familiar with stay abusive and really don't get better. And yet some do.

I have a friend who was in a Bishopric here along the Morridor and he told me once that fidelity and abuse in marriage was the MOST time consuming thing his Bishopric had to deal with. He said his release from the calling of Counselor was a welcome relief.

I know first hand that there are manipulative and abusive wives out there as well but most physical abuse, at least the cases that I personally know of (family and friends), is perpetrated by the penisholders. If there is a grown man in the house breaking down doors continually then by Gawd its time to MOVE ON!

Does anyone have any links to stats that demonstrate the effectiveness and/or ineffectiveness of the counsel to 'stay aboard'? I wonder how many of these abusive penisholders get the help they need and change their ways?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/in-the-wake-of-rob-porter-allegations-mormon-women-say?utm_term=.awOjlNKQl#.arVW4rkD4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 05:27PM by tamboruco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TopperExmo ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 07:33PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 07:52PM

Yeah, but if their hub has gone apostate or doubter...

You're Toast!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.