Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: February 26, 2018 01:31PM

https://www.facebook.com/UniverseBYU/posts/10156147168278245

I always saw the byu art students as rebels (in a good way). A student started putting signs on statues: https://www.facebook.com/alyson.ludlow/posts/10216004490771328 BYU doesn't have almost any buildings or statues named after women. And she says "women are more than just mothers"
I find the discussion On Facebook fascinating. None of the people commenting "gosh, we should worry about more important stuff than statues", don't get that this isn't about buildings or statues. It's about the FACT that tscc will never see women as equal. Women get very little recognition, and unfortunately TBM still think it's okay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 01:33PM by goldrose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 26, 2018 03:31PM

It's a shame that the images/discussions you refer to are on Facebook. I would have liked to see them, but won't click on the BYU page there.

One, because I can't stand BYU.
Two, the page owner will immediately know I visited, and I'll be a target of ads/posts from/about BYU for months, which I really don't need (yeah, I do data analytics for a living, and I know exactly what's in Facebook data feeds, and what page owners do with that data!).

Would have liked to have seen the signs...:)

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 09:26PM

Let's see, a cult supported school named after a notorious polygamist is not recognizing women for their achievements in society. That scores a perfect 10 on the noshitometer.
What I can't stomach is the POS men who put that school's logo on their SUV. I sincerely feel sorry for the woman married to that turd.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 01:58AM

Did u momentarily Forget or Overlook the MMM?

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 09:56AM

MMM wasn't specifically against women... Polygamy is definitely against women. Just saying that the school's name is a insult to women in my humble opinion.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 10:55AM

"I re-introduced polygamy so I could marry my 16-year old foster daughter/live-in maid." That is the most important travesty about that statue.

I saw the poster about the BYU "women in math" seminar posted elsewhere. It was funny because it was taught by four men and the poster included pictures of those men but nothing about the women.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 11:26AM

In case you haven't seen this on social media...
https://imgur.com/kzxffmA

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.