Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 09:34PM

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46273042&nid=148&title=gov-herbert-asks-utah-religious-leaders-to-pray-for-rain

Well, I know what the topic of testimonies will be tomorrow.

The comments are interesting....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 09:40PM

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..." -- Darth Vader

Posted by: samwitch ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 09:52PM

Right after the giant snowstorm they just had: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02/23/officials-caution-drivers-as-snowfall-causes-crashes-slows-another-morning-commute/

I know Utah is below normal this year, but still...

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 10:30PM

So, how did all the previous times everyone prayed for "moisture" work out?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 10:38PM

I well remember the movie "Windows of Heaven" that was shown to hammer home how very very important it was to pay tithing. It was about the lack of rain down in Southern Utah. Well, duh...that is a very dry area. When they prayed for rain and paid tithing like good little morgbots, ta-da it rained....right during the monsoon season when it rains down there...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 03:40AM

the other thing that LDS inc PR / THE (MORmON) church agents of LIES and Propaganda fails to mention about the set up of that situation, is that the saints in southern Utah and everywhere had stopped paying tithing because Brigham Young had suspended payment of tithing, due to the collapse of Zion Utah's economy due to BY's disastrous business dealing with the builders of the Continental Rail road.

see the video description for the time mark that documents youngs action of suspending MORmON tithing due to economic troubles -the very time when divine blessings could have been used most, blessings that Young knew were NON EXISTENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwkFavjPsdE

The trip to Southern Utah to chastise MORmON members for non payment of tithing was a trip to remedy a problem that faithless BY had created in the first place.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 03, 2018 10:43PM

Shades of the past. (It's been done.)

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 12:03AM

Pray that "..the elements be tempered on our behalf." Oh Herbie, that sounds so Mormon .

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 12:16AM

NOT RAIN, MOSITURE!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 06:32AM

Exactly!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 08:44AM

I would rather pray for Herbert to be removed from office.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 04, 2018 12:36PM

Really, what do these people think when they ask for prayers? God acts if enough people pray? Or is it just a way to express concern or a hope? You'd think they'd realize it actually mocks their claims about God's will when they solicit prayers.

Meanwhile...

Here in Alabama, Mall Cruiser for Babes Judge Roy Moore is asking for donations to help with his legal fees.

Remember him from his recent run for AL Senator?
(Really, the only reason he didn't win is because locals realized he would be bad for bringing in business $$.)

So, on behalf of Judge Moore:

Send thoughts and prayers.

He is still determined to bring God's law to the government which has a lot of support here.

If it rains too much was it because someone prayed too much?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:55AM

I'm going to ask my toaster to make it rain in Utah.
Then, when it does (and it will, eventually), I'm going to give my toaster the credit.

After I've proven the power of my toaster to magically grant requests, anyone who wants to can come ask it for something magical for only $20. Results not guaranteed (after all, sometimes the toaster's answer is "not now," sometimes it's "that's not my will", etc.). No refunds.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:07AM

My father believes that all drought will end when people obey the Sabbath day. Go figure.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:09AM

...because people who "obey the sabbath day" are all wet?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.