Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:13PM

Ok I canceled my order of the book of Mormon because I didn't want it ! And now getting pressured with emails like hi this is so and so from Mormon. Org! We would love to teach you! And give you a free book of Mormon, they don't know what no means! I wanted to mark everything wrong in the book of Mormon, but it never came! It is a scam I think

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:37PM

To me, what's sad about this wanting you to have a BoM, is they don't seem to recognize how ridiculous the stories are inside, and the improbability of its existence having come into his hands via an angel--let alone, also having divine help in interpreting the "reformed Egyptian" inside.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 02:31AM

Yard sale people and flea Markets will pay you to take this book off of their hands. Nobody values it at all except in Mormonville, certainly not the Smithsonian Institute (how did that rumor get started?). Only one book has even less value, and that is the Book of Abraham. The one that Egyptologists laugh at...oh, wait. It has comic value to professional Egyptologists.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 05:28AM

A reputable business or organization will have an opt-out link on the bottom of the email. Of course, this is the Mormon church we are talking about. You might have to send their emails to your spam folder.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 05:43AM

Date: March 13, 2018 08:28AM

I put them in trash,they are aggressive but not like the Jehovah's witness. The Jehovah's witness will never stop calling you and wanting a bible study, I should speak Arabic to the annoying missionaries wanting me to have a book of Mormon!

Date: March 13, 2018 08:29AM

Yep and we find proof of ancient Egypt but not of the book of Mormon? Because it is a fairy tale!

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 08:48AM

"Pressured with emails"??? Who in the hell gets "pressured" by emails? Here are a couple of suggestions for you - 1.) Don't open the emails, delete them right away. 2.) Report the emails as spam and they won't even show up in you inbox. There...pressure gone.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 09:31AM

Dan Peterson emailed me complaining about some of my RfM posts, an obvious SPAM reply.

After that, he emailed DH and got the same response. Next, he emailed another poster and was rebuffed again.

SPAM is a great option for any mormon clap-trap.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:19AM

As I said on the previous thread on this topic by OP, I ordered the BoM. A few days later, I got a phone call from the missionaries and set up a date.. I assured them that I was just replacing my 30-year-old paperback copy that was falling apart.

We met at the local Mormon chapel. They showed up wearing casual clothes, not the white shirt and black trouser uniform. I asked them why. They said they had just come from a "service project." I asked which they preferred: tracting or doing a service project like splitting wood or mowing lawns. They both answered, without hesitation, "Service project."

They handed me a paperback triple combination, and seemed to have no intention of "sharing the gospel." Then one asked, "Why are you interested in the Book of Mormon?"

I told them I had always been interested in religions, although I am not religious, and had studied the scriptures of many religions. I asked them how much training they had at the MTC in dealing with all the contradictions and anachronisms in the BoM. "What contradictions? What's an anachronism?"

I spent about an hour listing for them problems with Mormon teachings. They said almost nothing. The senior companion was very sharp, took voluminous notes. When I ran out of time (I was going to miss my cocktail hour) I gave them a dozen printouts of critical material from the Internet.

No suggestion that we "have a word of prayer." As I left, they thanked me and asked if I needed any wood split.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:54AM

Steer clear of Mormon.org.

You know it's a false church. A cult.

Don't waste your time and energy by seeking out their websites.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.