Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 04:13PM

https://www.facebook.com/iTrustScienceMoreThanReligion/videos/533133060374745/

"Where did the universe come from?
God made it.
Which doesn't solve the problem for me. Because then I ask,
Who made God?
Well he's always been around.
Well, lets just say the universe has then. Just cut out the middle man. It saves time."

Alternatively,

Where did the universe come from?
God (God Particle, minus the particle, since its a field) made it, along with the rest of the multiverse.
Which doesn't solve the problem for me. Because then I ask,
Who made God?
Well by "God", I mean, the God Particle (Minus the particle) and it existed before anything else.
Well, lets just say the universe has then. Just cut out the middle man. It saves time.
Who said God was a man?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 04:37PM

Since there was no time prior to the big bang, your statement it has always existed is tautological, so meaningless. You could say the same for and matter\energy.

a tautology is an argument which repeats an assertion using different phrasing. The proposition, as stated, is thus logically irrefutable, while obscuring the lack of evidence or valid reasoning supporting the stated conclusion.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 06:25PM

dogblogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since there was no time prior to the big bang,
> your statement it has always existed is
> tautological, so meaningless. You could say the
> same for and matter\energy.
>
> a tautology is an argument which repeats an
> assertion using different phrasing. The
> proposition, as stated, is thus logically
> irrefutable, while obscuring the lack of evidence
> or valid reasoning supporting the stated
> conclusion.
The real answer is nobody really knows what existed prior to the big bang, so your guess is as goid as mine. The whole universe was likely smaller than the smallest quantum particle, so smaller than a photon.
Inside a black hole time could be going backwards, anti-matter and tge collision betwenn matter and anti matter could be what produces Hawking Radiation and Gamma Rays coming out of the black holes.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 07:08PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The real answer is nobody really knows what
> existed prior to the big bang, so your guess is as
> goid as mine. The whole universe was likely
> smaller than the smallest quantum particle, so
> smaller than a photon.
> Inside a black hole time could be going backwards,
> anti-matter and tge collision betwenn matter and
> anti matter could be what produces Hawking
> Radiation and Gamma Rays coming out of the black
> holes.

Your statement that one guess is as good as another is simply garbage. Some guesses are based in observable or reproducible data, others on asstomouth statements. The first law of thermodynamics, essentially the energy that exists right now is the same amount that existed at the moment of the "Big Bang". So the size of the universe is irrelevant since it contained the same amount of energy. Stating that it was smaller than a photon doesn't convey anything special. And it certainly doesn't mean god did it.

In addition it is a fairly accepted idea now that the Higgs boson should have destroyed the infant universe because of it's mass compared to a proton. The problem being that the Higgs particle having such high mass would attract each other in high energy environments. What environment would have been more high energy than the "Big Bang"? What stopped your god from destroying the thing it likely just created?

As for your other statements, time going backward, black holes leaking energy. Time doesn't work like that, as you should know given your Einstein boner. And of course black holes leak radiation, the second law if thermodynamics essentially states that everything will lose energy. In the case of the black hole it must have mass and energy else how else would they exist, and since mass and energy follow the second law the black hole must also.

Granted I'm no physicist but isn't that the point of people like Hawking and deGrass Tyson? They help us understand what is probably the most complex science.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 06:30PM

I'm going based on the Hartle Hawking state, a well supported theory. Look into it.

Posted by: Moe Howard ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 11:51AM

I just looked up Hartle Hawking state. Interesting but I did have to read it a few times. Looked up other links via google about this theory, all I can say is there are some smart people out there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.