Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 01:15AM

Please don't be surprised. Apparently the bridge collapse in Miami was all orchestrated by God. At least that is the inference one must draw from the following comment regarding one of the victims whose car was crushed but who was able to get out. This was the comment from the woman who pulled her out of the smashed car:

"Her car, it was literally a miracle of God, her car got squished by the bridge from the back, so she was able to get out and she was on the floor and it was just very traumatic..."

I don't have the link. Sorry.

So God is off the hook for the four people who got instantly killed by tons of concrete, but was wholly responsible when one woman almost got killed but managed to not get killed.

Dear God-people: us skeptics only want a bit of logical consistency here. Is that too much to ask? Please note that we are not challenging God. We are challenging you and your relationship with sanity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:29AM

She must have done extra-double-count prayers that morning.
That's why she was miraculously saved by all-powerful god, and the others weren't.

Then again, one might think that an all-powerful god, noticing a bridge starting to fall, might lift a pinkie and hold it up for a few seconds while people under it got out, rather than let the disaster happen and then miraculously save just one extra-special person.

Nah. Never mind. Who wants a god like that?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 11:30AM

Superman was playing golf on Kolob.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:51AM

God never gets the blame for deaths.
he gets credit for survivors.

It's like the "private profits but public losses" scam.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:58AM

I am always shocked at the insensitivity of those who make these statements.

Classic case for me was on the news a few months ago after some devastating fires and a woman being interviewed was going on and on how God had protected her and her home was saved and 15 feet away there was another woman standing in the rubble of her burnt down home just staring at her in disbelief. I wish I had a picture of the woman's face as she watched her neighbor gasbag on about being God's favorite. The expression was priceless.

Religion is often like a contest and many are just looking to have their "God likes me best" moments to parade for others.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 11:09AM

Wow—God crushed her car and she praises him.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 11:12AM

Posted by: Moe Howard ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 11:32AM

I was in Sienna Italy touring churches.The guide explained that this particular church had a special addition built to thank god for stopping the plague. I raised my had and politely asked, "who got credit for starting the plague". He must have been very religious man because he didn't answer and didn't talk to me for the test of the tour.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 12:04PM

haha. I love that you ask that. Some times "innocent, naive" questions carry the most punch. Good one.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 12:12PM

Well, some people just use it as an expression meaning, "by some wonderful twist of fate, I escaped with my life." Who knows if the woman who said that is even religious? She might have left religion behind a long time ago.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 12:14PM

The bridge collapse death toll is now six and the rescue workers expect to find more bodies.
What an awesome miracle :-(

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.