Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 01:10PM

Today is turning out to be a nice cool day here in Easter North Carolina. So far today I have have been to church and Sunday School and now I am at home eating popcorn and drink some lemonade.

This afternoon before I go back to church, I have to do some homework and figure out how to get myself caught back up in one of my classes. I may try for a nap but I will have to see.

So what does everyone have going on today!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 01:35PM

It's continuing to be winter in Salt Lake City, 35 degrees at 1130am and I for one am tired of it.

I'm not letting it stop me however to go see Alfred Hitchcock's "vertigo" one of his most talked about--some people hate it, some it's their favorite. But it looks great, great color, great scenery in the San Francisco area.

As in most of these Fathom Events, I've never seen it in a theater and it's been several years since I saw it at all, at my son's house. I rented a DVD of it when I was visiting here (from Las Vegas) and made them watch. His wife is a Hitchcock fan.

Then I have to go grocery shopping, which the older I get, the less I want to do it. I may decide to use WalMart's pickup service again.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 01:49PM

Good coffee and conversation. It is always thus and I love it.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 01:52PM

Cooking a nice lunch and then a hike later.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 02:09PM

Resting. Watching news. Letting the dog out.

Taking it easy. It's Sunday and I don't have to be anywhere I don't want to be. That's my idea of "rest."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 02:42PM

Saucie and I are with ten other exmos in Fullerton having a very pleasant get together, seated in a courtyard, basking in the sun.

Very engaging!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 02:58PM

Hey Kat, it's your South Carolina neighbor her. What a warm, pleasant day. I hung around home this morning having a little spa day for myself before going back to work tomorrow. Now I'm out shopping around and eating out! It's great to enjoy Sunday's with no obligations.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 04:19PM

I bought ten gorgeous full-size antique stained glass doors (some matching pairs) from a fellow who didn’t have time to fix them.

Today I’m cleaning them and getting ready to restore them.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 05:34PM

What do you plan doing with them after you restore them?

That sounds like a find and a fun project.

Date: March 19, 2018 01:36AM

I’m thinking of making new frames out of cherry or mahogany.

My 1958 house will only accommodate three of them.

My boys have threatened that if I sell this house, they’ll show up with power tool and cart the doors off!

Ones I don’t use, I’ll restore and crate up.

:D

Posted by: uhhsoyeah ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 05:34PM

I am envious of your project. Have fun!

Date: March 19, 2018 01:45AM

Yes, this is definitely my kind of fun! :D

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 05:36PM

BS'ing with the Boner....best part of my day.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 06:20PM

You’re awesome Bro!

Well, after church, I stopped in my regular coffee joint. I had a wonderful conversation with a couple of baristas about life, friendship, and coffee. Both of them were in their early 20s, and I loved hearing about their hopes and dreams.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 07:08PM

Did you tell them yours?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 11:16PM

Yes, you came up in conversation! Who won the golf game?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 07:55PM

Not sure, sundays are always the toughest for the badass.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 07:59PM

Spent the day beating up people in wheelchairs. They love me.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 08:36PM

Taking it easy.

Also, I love to read, and have done some catching-up on my latest books ("Andy Warhol was a Hoarder", by Claudia Kalb; and "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin--whom I admire and like a lot. (Just finished a bk re. Princess Diana. Sad.)

Good way to spend a Sunday.

Now, off to have a late lunch of crackers and cheese (not much bother to put together, that's for sure).

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 08:57PM

Woke up craving some pancakes and sausage. Did some yard work (getting my lawn prepped for re-seeding). Watched Tiger try to win at Bay Hill. Picked up son (special needs kid who lives on his own...he comes over every Sunday for lunch and to do his laundry). Made him some spaghetti (I skipped lunch...still full from pancakes). Noticed that he is getting more out of shape so we went to a shoe store and I bought him some running shoes. Came home, we went for a run/jog and lifted some weights (told him we would be working out a little every Sunday and encouraged him to watch his diet and work out a little on his own during the week). Tonight I'll grill some burgers for dinner w/ some BBQ baked beans, watch some March Madness, Walking Dead, and have some sex...hopefully with a partner. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.