Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 01:42PM

A friend of mine posted it on Facebook. I'll just say go to Number 6 and discuss.
The main thought will probably be that TSCC is playing victim or denying certain things.

Here you go:

https://mormonhub.com/blog/faith/mormons-chill/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 01:52PM

Okay. I'll bite. I look at #6 and the first sentence is, "The digital age has opened the Church up to attacks unique from anything it’s had to deal with in the past."

Hardy har har har.

Mormons immediately re-label the surfacing of the verifiable facts of their own church history as an "attack." By calling the verifiable facts surrounding their church history and the BoA and BoM an attack is nothing short of an admission that they know "something is rotten in Denmark."

You got to hand it to the Mormons. If there were an olympics to see who could turn any situation into them being the persecuted victim, SLC would be full of gold medals to the point of causing traffic jams.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 01:52PM

what are the chances this will be promoted at GC?

None.

Posted by: Lost in Utah County ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 02:50PM

No wonder Mormons come across as "Stupid Stupid" people. My god are Mormons just Stupid. I lost IQ points just perusing those 7 "things'. You poor Mormons. And whats saddest is that you must be considered as equals to the rest of the human race.

Posted by: Kessler the Nevermo ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 09:06PM

That sour, forced smile is not the expression of someone who's become comfortable sharing the gospel. That's the expression of someone whose blind date showed up significantly below expectations. Or a poster of an aspiring comedienne who wants you to know how sarcastic her show is.

The advice ping-pongs between fake sincerity and outright sales tactics:

"Stop worrying about how your friends will react or what they’ll think of you." Your friends only exist to be potential future Mormons. If they're not interested, don't worry about alienating them.

"You don’t have to invite them to dinner with the missionaries right off the bat." You have to build up to that. Duh.

"Simplify." Explain how Mormonism is just like Christianity, as if there were anything simple about that topic.

"Post something on Facebook or another platform that might lead to a good conversation." Which is much easier when you're actually trying to have a conversation, rather than sell something.

"When your nonmember friends ask you what you did over the weekend, talk about how great church was." People who really think their church is great don't need to be instructed to do this.

"If they’re not interested in learning more, that’s fine! You planted a seed." That you're only interested in your friends to the extent you can proselytize to them.

"Sharing the gospel should come as a natural result of living it." Which is the exact opposite of everything you just said!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 02:55PM

If verifiable historical facts are "anti-Mormon" then something is wrong with Mormonism.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 03:08PM

Just go Jack Mormon then you can have all the sex, drugs, and rock and roll you want, never go to church, give the church your moral authority while you take some sort of moral license to chill.

Then when anyone calls you on your hypocrisy just claim you are working your way back to church.

Just chill in Jack Mormonism all your life. Why try chilling in church. It isn't chill.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 03:36PM

On the contrary. <grin>

"The age of internet will bring more people into the church. It will grow and expand more than your wildest dream."

This was the theme for my stake's conference in 1994. My stake had its own leadership team that was going around to every ward and branch to "alert" members to the grand revelation of the "information super-highway."

I know all about this because I learned more about this church program than I cared for; my home-teacher was the "tech guru". He was so excited about computers "talking" to other computers. [My Dad was a clown so he would mimic computer noises and I would mimic similar noises back. It really annoyed our home teacher].

Yes, I'm thrilled that the church can no longer control, manipulate and skew information. The entire organization is under the microscope.

Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 08:16PM

"Does it really matter if Joseph Smith put the seer stone in a hat to see it clearly? I was just outside looking through a cereal box to help see the solar eclipse clearly. I bet I looked pretty weird, but what works works!"

HAHAHA dying over here

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 10:28PM

I laughed so hard...

No it doesn't. The only difference is a lie and truth. But sometimes the truth isn't very useful huh

Posted by: Kessler the Nevermo ( )
Date: March 20, 2018 09:12PM

If this Instagram is to be taken at face value, this is a BYU-Provo student who has drawn an artwork in crayon. Shouldn't college students be past crayon art?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 10:27AM

About the part of Judas and the 30 pieces of silver: JS tried to sell the newly printed, hot off the press, Book of Mormon in Canada for six thousand U.S. dollars which would've been worth considerably more than the silver.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 12:37PM

"If you’re going to get worked up, get worked up over the reality that Satan is a real being set on destroying you."

How about not getting worked up, and realizing that "Satan" is an imaginary boogey-man who can't do anything to anyone?

Naw, that'd never work. :(

Posted by: lachesis ( )
Date: March 21, 2018 02:36PM

I do agree with them saying "chill out about the small stuff." It seems like the small stuff, tattoos, earrings, coffee, skirt lengths, etc. are much more important to them than abuse, fraud, slandering, and the like. Getting a tattoo doesn't hurt anyone but the person getting it, and that is for them to decide whether it even does that. Touching a child inappropriately, being dishonest in your business, telling lies about a person or something like that affects other people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.