Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 05:27PM

https://youtu.be/3AQTr9oB8lw?t=85 - an oldie but always worth reminding people that this is an official LDS video.

Profound stuff from an 'apostle'... Scary huh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 05:46PM

To the African minister's point...

Forget about whether the content of the plates is true, lets start with are the plate even real? Show me the plates!

To the GA's point...

I agree that religious truth is always, and I would add "only", confirmed by feelings :)

What he leaves out is that the truth feeling you get must be deemed acceptable by church leaders, otherwise we'd have people believing what ever they felt like :)

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 08:07PM

THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU !!!!!

My exact (same) sentiments currently on the matter.

and REMEMBER that is Ballard speaking for ALL of LDS inc, not just for himself, as he is actually presenting THE official LDS inc pat media response on the matter of LACK (NON existent) of BoM authenticity !!!! That queered response is proof that LD$ Inc executive leadership knows that the Book of MORmON is fundamentally a sham!!!!!!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 08:26PM

I think it's funny (and sad) when people call stuff they make up that has zero supporting evidence "truth."

And then think their feelings confirm it.

So I guess I'm laughing and crying...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 09:50PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's funny (and sad) when people call
> stuff they make up that has zero supporting
> evidence "truth."
>
> And then think their feelings confirm it.

The thing is, IF they (those dumb asses) really believe their feelings make right approach to things, and really endorse it as totally valid, then they should be forced to use a bridge, or an elevator, or a ship, or an air plane, or a car that is designed by using the same (BS) "feelings can determine facts" based approach. ....Now, the results from THAT deal would be FUNNY !!!!!!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 08:40PM

feelings don't mean crap... your own brain can manufacture a

feeling , thats where they came from. It doesn't confirm or

deny the truth of anything.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 09:12PM

Take a good hard critical look.

See how fast the "authorities" - and faithful Mormons - age. It is greatly accelerated.
Because they are living wrong. Fighting the universe. Fighting themselves. Living in a coffin.

No truth in them. Can't deny the physical evidence.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 10:41PM

One of the great 'truths' of mormonism has always been that knowingly refusing to live gospel principles earns you trials and tribulations, with the opposite being true when you DO live the gospel.

But more and more it is being smooshed into their TBM faces, like a runny berry pie, that exmos do NOT automatically wind up face down in the gutter; that in fact, as a class exmos are happier and much more content than their TBM counterparts, which is why shunning is very acceptable as a tactic, because it shields the TBM from seeing into the happy daily lives of the shunned.

I'm waiting for the mormon version of Facebook to launch, where only the faithful can join, and thus be shielded from things that wouldn't be good, for the church, for them to know/experience.

Date: April 18, 2018 08:58AM

I've been face down in the gutter exactly once in my life.
It was while I was on my mission in France...coming home from a long frustrating day of tracting, light rain falling...let's just say the cobblestone streets of Caen covered in water aren't the best place to ride a Peugeot bicycle. Slip, slide, crash...face down in the gutter. As a mormon.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 01:00AM

Faith is not blind. Faith is supported by evidence.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 06:34AM

Faith is based on "friendly' interpretation of a series of events; it is facts that are supported by evidence!

Date: April 18, 2018 08:58AM

oregon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Faith is not blind. Faith is supported by
> evidence.

The very definition of "faith" is belief WITHOUT evidence.
So...no. It's not.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 10:34AM

Faith is blind as a bat. Faith and evidence are mutually exclusive. The presence of evidence voids the need for faith.

That is why the Bible verse, "faith is the evidence of things not seen," makes no sense. It is just another clear manipulation of words to keep people believing against all common sense, reason, and real evidence to the contrary.

Some confuse their own personal interpretation of an inexplicable event or legend as evidence. It is not.

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 09:26AM

That is because it can be falsified by what you see.

HH =)

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 09:48AM

Exactly ^^

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.