Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 01:47PM

Why do Mormons try so hard to bring "The World" into their world?
http://www.ldsliving.com/If-the-Avengers-Were-Mormon/s/86945

If anything entertaining and cool were Mormon it wouldn't be entertaining and cool anymore. And that is the punchline they never acknowledge.

It is like mentally constraining Mormonism is somehow relatable to things that are no where near it.

Like Napoleon Dynamite learning a dance and killing it in an assembly makes him no longer, like Napoleon Dynamite? He is still his same old boring rejected self. He just increased his cred with his peers because he could do something interesting.

If superheroes were Mormon they wouldn't be superheroes because they would be too busy reading their scriptures, praying, fulfilling callings, multiplying and replenishing their culture and such. In other words, they would be in reality and not fictional characters. But Mormonism does blur that line.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 01:49PM

I think I'll go inform Marvel that LDS Living is illegally using multiple copyrighted images on their web page...just for fun :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 01:50PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Date: May 07, 2018 06:49PM

Please do so. LDSLiving is a virus.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 02:12PM

If Deadpool had been on the list, he would have been an apostate...or about half of mormon teen boys the *rest* of the week when they're not stuck in a three hour block.

Date: May 07, 2018 06:51PM

How about a Mormon specific Avenger? Masturbation Boy. Instead of using his hand like Spidey...well, you know.

He keeps going to his bishop but he has the most power little factory in the Universe and he feels The Spirit compelling him to use it for non-reproductive good.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 02:52PM

No one wants to watch a mormon do anything believe me. The mothers do nothing all day while the kids raise themselves. I have seen it so i can say this. It pissed me off when i realized people literally have not had one job in their entire lives and they are 46 years old. I've had like twenty different employers and in different states and i am only 34. One divorce and you are screwed with 9 kids you can't support any of them and you have no workforce experience. This makes sense to the mormons though.

Posted by: munchybotazv2 ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 08:17PM

I hate those series-of-gif things to begin with, and adding Mormonism makes it off-the-charts annoying. I'm kind of annoyed at you for leading me to expect something else. I thought the statement in your subject line would be the premise of the article, as in, "Is our persecution complex showing again?"

You're certainly right, though: No one would watch. Well, Mormons would.

P.S. We're not weird! ;)

Date: May 08, 2018 11:29AM

munchybotazv2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the
> statement in your subject line would be the
> premise of the article, as in, "Is our persecution
> complex showing again?"
>

Sorry.

Surprisingly, when Mormons want to be funny their complex usually doesn't show. They highlight their weirdness.

> P.S. We're not weird! ;)

LOL. They are only as weird as superheroes are.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 03:32AM

An Avengers movie is far more exciting than 3 boring hours of morg church!

Date: May 09, 2018 11:21AM

LOL! Maybe a Book of Mormon movie with lots of "The Wars Period" including Gadianton Robbers and epic CGI battlefields flowing human blood would be more entertaining?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 12:44PM

Nephi would have been the greatest Marvel superhero because everything he does is directed by God, even if it means killing. Plus, those who go against him are eternally punished by God with a "sore cursing" so you can tell they're bad guys by just looking at them.

Or maybe he just hears voices in his head and needs heavy med's.

Date: May 09, 2018 01:59PM

The superhero genre doesn't have the Holy Ghost for one of them? someone ought to...or did they?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2011/10/11/book_of_mormon_by_michael_allred_the_golden_plates.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.