Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 04:34PM

I left LDS inc because of the crushing historical evidence that the people who founded it were not good people.

Because of the embarrassingly evident proof that the BOM and BOA were not historical documents.

Because of the quasi doctrinal statements and actions from current leaders that didn't mesh well with my view of the world.

But surprisingly today I would be more than willing to forgive all of the very real and troubling proofs that LDS inc is the worst, if it were true.

So when someone asks me why I don't believe in Mormonism anymore I tell them the truth, it is because I don't believe any of it to be true. Not one thing about Mormonism is true.

When my kids come to me I'll tell them that I don't believe. I might explain something about how the POS is possibly the dumbest idea ever and I might explain how the I cannot stand the social injustice that is routinely accepted as god's will. But I always lead with me not believing a single part of it.

I talk about Joseph being worthy of execution for hurting those girls and Brigham being an asshole here, and just about no where else. Do you know why? Because that is why I hate Mormonism not why I don't believe in it.

I could ramble more but I've got to go. Catch your thoughts on the flip side.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 04:50PM

I love how perfectly straightforward this is. No fluff. Just simple and straightforward.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 05:02PM

It's the most insidious operation on the planet and can destroy a human being entirely without them even knowing it. Just wanted to add that.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 06:30PM

For me, Mormonism isn't true because Christianity is just as manmade, and because I don't believe in anything supernatural.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 07:19PM

I had to think for a bit about what the OP meant by POS.

Because, well....you know...

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 09:56PM

The psychology of Mormonism is harmful to humans. Even if you could make it work, why would you? If you want the church experience, there are many non-harmful churches.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 10:18PM

jacob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <snip> ~

> Not one thing about Mormonism is true.
>
> <snip> ~

^^^^^^^
in b 4 ~ yep, this ~

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 10:28PM

Mormon leaders don't bother to live their own teachings, talk but no follow-thru;

Honesty, Kindness went AWOL a long, long time ago!

Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 06:30PM

Mormonism is a toxic mixture of fake history and bogus theology. Like all cults, it cannot withstand objective analysis. In any case, the internet is slowly but surely digging the grave of LDS Corp.

Posted by: mormon nomore ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 06:49PM

Words have gotten us into more trouble than a trillion hanging sons could rescue us from.

http://landers.bookbub.com/covers/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.