Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ignoredwife ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 11:13PM

This is my first time on here. I need loads of help, advice, and maybe even support. I am not LDS but my husband is tho not active. He is not active because of me...so it is my fault other wise he would have earned godhood by now....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 11:20PM

Welcome, welcome is thy dawning! (That's humorous if you grew up mormon, but the welcome is genuine!)

I have formed the impression that you're getting flack that 'but for' his having married you, he'd be a jr. ghawd by now. Well, such is not the case. Los mormones do not attain ghawdhood in this life, they just advance themselves towards said goal.

It's all a game, and you don't know the rules, so you can't play...

Tell us more!

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 11:58PM

LOL!

Sorry, OP. Just got such a thrill out of elderdog’s reply.

My only advice is: your not so humble hunny is hoping to blame you for whatever static he’s getting (Family? Church members?). My hope is you refuse to be the scapegoat.

True love doesn’t blame. Does he say why he married you?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:05AM

The highest level of mormon "heaven" or the celestial kingdom requires that the man has a wife sealed to him for eternity.

Anything less keeps him from eternal progression or "godhood"

Technically he will not qualify for godhood unless he ALSO obeys the rest of mormon doctrine. That is pay full 10 percent of his income as tithing. Refrain from alcohol, tobacco, coffe and tea. Perform temple ordinances. Attend church. Accept and perform church service. The list goes on.

So if he is inactive; not participating or paying into church coffers, then it would not matter one bit if you were a mormon and temple sealed.

Also, mormons believe that even though a person is dead, they can, through proxy be baptised and sealed to each other. This would allow him and you to enter the celestial kingdom.

A final note. Mormon belief is laid out in a document called the articles of faith. One of which states. "We believe men will be punished for their own sins...." making it impossible he would be punished because of anything you may or may not do.

Bottom line. No you are not "keeping him" from godhood.

Be aware though many people, especially family members would love to blame anyone but the person in question.

Good luck

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.