Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Angel of Jesus ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 01:15AM

Are your active Mormon relatives "aware" that the Church officially "disavowed" the Curse of Cain doctrine, in the "Race and Priesthood" statement on LDS.org online? Answer below.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 09:34AM

How do you disavow this without disavowing Mormonism completely?

Do the prophets, seers and revelators really prophesy, see or reveal what God wants us to know? Joseph Fielding Smith, Bruce R. McConkie and other top LDS leaders were really wedded to this doctrine (yes doctrine which is another word for teaching). And boy were they teaching it!

If they were just speaking as men, they were doing so adamantly wearing their heavy prophet mantle.

Can we just as easily dismiss current LDS doctrine on homosexuality on the same basis? I say unto you, yea.

And what about the similar curse issued in the Book of Mormon, is that also bunk? Again as Nephi would put it: And it came to pass that again I say unto you, yea.

And if so much of what the LDS leaders and scriptures say is bunk, why in Elohim's name would you subject yourself to 10% tithing, long meetings, bishops interviews, missions, home...er...ministering..., and a million other annoying things?
Behold, we say unto them nay!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:14AM

Some of mine know they've "disavowed" it, some don't.

Some of the ones that do know, don't care. They (rightly, it turns out!) "reason" that if the church can say Brigham was "speaking as a man" and was wrong, then the current essays/prophet can be "speaking as a man" and be wrong. So they dismiss the dismissal, and are still racists who believe god punishes certain people with a curse of dark skin.

Go figure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.