Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 11:33AM

Say you are really spiritual. You read your Bible a lot. Actually, it is one of the few books you actually own. If then someone rich person comes along and thinks you are special and is willing to pay you for doing someone with your spiritual skills that you don't want to do - just do it!

"Have you ever found yourself prompted to do something that you normally wouldn’t do? Perhaps you’ve accepted a job that takes you out of your comfort zone. Or maybe you’ve felt like you should talk with someone you didn’t know. If so, then you are in good company."
http://mormoninsights.byu.edu/en/joseph-smith-just-another-treasure-seeker/

Funny how The Golden Plates had to be found, translated through a seer stone (he obviously wanted to do that work and sell it to Canada) and then handed to God's angel for safe keeping but billions of dollars worth of Spanish treasures couldn't be found until robotic probes were invented.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/world/colombia-shipwreck-discovery-trnd/index.html

I mean if you are going to do some seering why did God not "move [some of] the treasure" from the above linked stash? Just a couple of coins would be enough?

And why not rebury The Book of Mormon? God could move it when people were looking for it.

"This awkward fact needs accomodation: perhaps the treasure actually existed but Joseph’s vision of it was imprecise, perhaps it existed and genuinely did move through the earth whenever a member of the digging party spoke out of turn, or perhaps no treasure existed at all."
https://bycommonconsent.com/2006/09/09/treasure-digging/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jthomas ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 03:49PM

You know why. Cause they never existed in the first place.

Date: May 23, 2018 04:14PM

Their fictional gold is worth billions today.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 05:14PM

I bought a polished stone in a rock shop that looks almost exactly like the pictures of Joe's rock. I've put it in every hat I own and haven't seen anything but a polished rock, and not even that when I block out all the light.
What could possibly be the problem?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 05:22PM

I could be a really good seer, i was born in the mormon church. Tons of bs is in my head.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 12:52AM

the only thing I want to sear is some steaks on the BBQ.

Date: May 24, 2018 11:28AM

I grew up scrying the Sear's Catalogue for future releases.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.