Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:03PM

In quite a few years. That tells me what I believe.
Sure the "Brainwashed" are still going but its obvious
that they are forced. The VIDEO of the they guy speaking
out against the Church proved that.

You cant make people excited about a Church that has
no passion no answers no hope and surely no TRUTH.

I would love to have a question and answer session, with
a panel of TBMS and the opposition. There is no way that
they would come out on top.

Every response by the CULT opens itself up to more questions
that cannot be answered with honesty or real logic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 07:05PM

This was a couple years ago but a guy I know (Al)who lives in my old rural neighborhood closer to the city and who has gained a whole slew of TBM neighbors who've bought acreages near him, told me he'd been baptized. I told him I quit the church mostly because one of those very neighbors was the HP geezer who hounded my after dad died and that I thought the whole thing is a cult. He was a bit surprised by that. I don't know if Al is still active. He was the last guy I would have ever pegged as a future Mormon before he told me he was one. Haven't seen his truck on the road headed for PM as I'm on my way to coffee.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 08:06PM

I have heard of someone who is being baptized in a week or so

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 08:47PM

My parents successfully roped their next door neighbor into the cult a few years ago. His wife did NOT like that. Their relationship was a bit estranged and they lived in separate houses. But it was when his adult daughter died of alcoholism that the Mormons pounced on him. How convenient! I'm sure they got a few years of tithing outta him. I can't remember if he went through the temple, but I think he did. He passed away last year and I was relieved to hear that it wasn't a Mormon funeral. I would think his wife made sure of it.

Another recent story: I know of girl in her late 20's, mother of 2 kids, recently divorced, and had a rough upbringing. The Mormons seduced her (it was the 30 somethings in RS that did it...my sister being one of them) and she was so excited to 'leave my family of origin behind' and get endowed in the temple...having been a recent convert. Low and behold as soon as she went through the temple, she ditched Mormonism entirely and stopped talking to those women that got her in! I'm assuming the temple freaked her out and she was smart enough to realize that it was a cult she just joined! I heard a lot of the bad-mouthing about her that went on afterwards. You know, the typical 'Satan has his grasp on her, Satan is working really hard on her', etc.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 10:33PM

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 06:27AM

Ha-ha-Ha-ha-ha!!-Cheryl--Ha-ha-ha!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 09:09PM

I cringe when a happy new Mormon convert gushes about their experience on YouTube. I simply have to pray that it doesn't last too long.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 09:22PM

That religion doesn't have a straight answer for one thing.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 09:49PM

No. I do not live in Ghana

Posted by: JessupNorth93 ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 03:54PM

Recently the parents of a friend from high school joined. I never saw that coming - the family did not at all seem like they would ever turn religious. But I guess the story goes that one of the kids joined with his wife a few years ago, he’s a full fledged member and all, even been to the temple and sealed. Then his dad got sick and was going to die - so he gave him a preisthood blessing. His dad was instantly healed (no joke) and has since been givin a clean bill of health. So the Dad and his wife were baptized about a month ago. Now the rest of their kids and their spouses are doing missionary discussions and coming to church and bringing their kids. So in the end - the local ward might actually gain a bunch of people. The Dad and his wife, 4 kids plus all of their spouses, plus each kid and spouse has between 1 and 4 kids. The ward and missionaries are absolutely losing their minds over the great harvest, and that the gospel *must* be true.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 06:20PM

Healings happen in other churches, too. I testify unto you that Mormon Priesthood has nothing to do with it!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 05:47PM

They are joining this week

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 07:25PM

Just said that a "miracle" blessing saved him? It could
be a coincidence...or a prayer? The bottom line is that
the Mormons are a total CULT. Its going to crash.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.