Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 05:37PM

"The repentance process was grueling. From having to come clean with my husband to meeting with the Bishop to skipping the Sacrament. Every moment was heart wrenching."

For being inactive for a year?? You had to "repent?"

If there is that much guilt associated with being inactive for a year, there is some serious mind control going on. The whole reason she went inactive was because of the control of her time and the exhaustion related to it.

So back into the fire. Great choice, lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 09:13PM

For attempted suicide is my guess.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 05:48PM

3 pages? I could barely get through the first page, so if there was a paragraph where she confessed a hot three-way with the the ward missionaries I missed it.

LDSLiving is like a car wreck; I just can't look away, but the headlines are always so deep, so life-changing, but when you get the nut of the story it's always something ridiculously vapid like "Monson waved at me once!" or "I met a lady on the bus and she was a Mormon too!"

Ooooff....

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 06:06PM

and my ex had left, the bishop called me to be a teacher in YW. The prior bishop's wife (my ex was his ex.sec and they adored him) was the leader of YW who had asked for me to be a teacher.

No repentance process AT ALL.

What the hell is she talking about?!?!

Posted by: namarod ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 06:43PM

Oh my God! I never thought going inactive could be so horrible. It sounds like now she's all fixed and can strive to be the Perfect Molly Mormon again. Truth is, she'll probably burnout again. And maybe this time she'll wisen up and leave the morg for good.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 07:20PM

oh good lord........

dramaqueen

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 01:00AM

I know I almost died because of that greasy spoon restaurant, but I think I’ll eat there again for old time’s sake.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 03:22AM

She bought the line, "Members leave the church because they sin".

All her bad feelings about church attendance constitute sin. Going inactive is, of course, sin. Guess some people can be convinced of anything. Now that she's properly church whipped into shape I suspect she will be even more miserable yet afraid to sin again for fear of all that repenting she'll have to do. Brainwashed Mormons have a long row to hoe enduring to the end. No wonder Utah is the depression drug capital of the US.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 03:54AM

You know what's stupid?

A church, religion or cult that doesn't exist for the benefit of the members.

This CULT trains members to "freak out" over mundane things. If it didn't require members to strain themselves into exhaustion and depression, then there would be little need for this type of FEAR and INTIMIDATION propaganda.

True story.

I visit my TBM mom only a few times a year because I live out-of-state. I visit on my terms and thankfully she gets a "vacation" from church when I visit. Moreover, she tells several members that I am coming for a visit and that she won't be attending church for a Sunday or two.

Guess what happens on the 2nd Sunday that she has not attended?

She gets a flurry of phone calls on Sunday afternoon. I know because I overhear her telling the same story over and over these church "psycho-callers". She ends every call the same way with a promise to attend the following Sunday.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 02:06PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This CULT trains members to "freak out" over
> mundane things. If it didn't require members to
> strain themselves into exhaustion and depression,
> then there would be little need for this type of
> FEAR and INTIMIDATION propaganda.

Yep. My sister was baking/decorating an elaborate cake for a baby shower one time and she mentioned how much she was swearing over this cake out of frustration. She actually said, 'I don't want to not make it to the CK over this cake!'

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 03:02AM

Jesus, i remember getting those type of sunday non-stop phone call flurries. Never any other day, just sundays they call.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 06:01AM

This has nothing to do with us. This person was not an exmo,
they were a "jack Mormon." Nowhere in the article did the
author ever say she'd stopped believing the Church was true.
She just walked away from it because she was burnt out etc.

She says there was no "moment" it was just a gradual thing. I
can recall the very moment I realized Mormonism was bogus. For
an exmo it's like remembering where you were when you found out
Kennedy had been shot or that the World Trade Center had been
attacked. She talks about the guilt that she had while she was
inactive. She mentions that she gave up on a lot of stuff
including "morality." As we all know, "morality" in Mormonism
only means sexual stuff.

The stuff about the repentance process being grueling and
painful shows how LDS inc. knows psychology. Something you've
suffered over has meaning to you. Otherwise you think of
yourself as an idiot for willingly going through all that
suffering for nothing. It's basic cognitive-dissonance theory.
It's the same reason missions are so horrible.

Anyway, this person was never an exmo. So her story doesn't
have anything whatsoever to do with us.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 12:08PM

Exactly

Posted by: BAIIPLUS ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 10:50AM

She mentioned a few times having to "confess", she confessed to the bishop and confessed to her husband.

I am wondering what the hell she confessed. Surely her husband already knew she wasn't going to church.

I don't think this article told the whole story.

And she is doing the typical mormon thing where she covers up the "sin" and broadcasts the repentance.

She is a dramaqueen. I don't think she cheated or anything, maybe sipped some coffee or wine.

But, she wants the world to know how sorry she is and how much she suffered.

She is like those people who whipped themselves, walking from village to village in the middle ages. Making sure everyone far and wide can see their suffering.

Because their suffering makes them better and more deserving.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 02:04PM

BAIIPLUS Wrote:
> She mentioned a few times having to "confess", she
> confessed to the bishop and confessed to her
> husband.
>
> I am wondering what the hell she confessed. Surely
> her husband already knew she wasn't going to
> church.
>
> I don't think this article told the whole story.
>

Exactly what I was thinking. She did not out herself fully. There is something that she did that she didn't admit to in the article. You don't have to go through a repentance process and not take sacrament for an entire year for simply going inactive. As an aside, that whole not taking the sacrament is crap. It's public shaming.
Her whole story is so sanctimonious. Typical Mormon over-inflated ego. But then it ends with self-loathing...you aren't good enough and never will be. Wow!
She should have done herself a favor, when realizing that her life was better than ever when she wasn't a slave to the church, and stayed away from tssc.

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 02:02AM

yeah, but the church is probably the only place where she can pull this dramaqueen crap at this level and get rewarded for it.
I guarantee she is hot-sh*t in her ward. So brave to go public with her repentance process, in the guise of encouraging others.

Poor thing, she's been through so much!

Date: June 17, 2018 09:16PM

Please read her blog her story gets from sad to worse.

http://fightingtherain.weebly.com/blog

"I began flirting with an unhealthy habit as poor consolation, left the Church in shame for it, spiraled into anxiety and depression, and landed myself in the ICU."

"The picture inside the box of myself and my husband, at one of our favorite date-night places (Krispy Kreme), was taken four months after recovery from my suicide attempt"

Date: June 18, 2018 02:02AM

Oh someone filled with shame, who is suicidal?

Put some public shaming on that... it'll fix it right up!

Date: June 19, 2018 08:04AM

She wrote

"​I couldn’t explain to you what it felt like to hold the pills in my hand. I couldn’t explain to you the sudden onset of panic as the entire handful of them slid down my throat. I couldn’t tell you the sensation of losing control of every muscle in my body, or what my husband said to me as I began to lose consciousness."

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 11:24AM

OMG! The brainwashing. The Mindcontrol. The Harassment.
The Guilt. The Shunning. The Fear. The Loss. The pain.

Can we all agree this "Church" is a poison of the mind???

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 02:25PM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
> OMG! The brainwashing. The Mindcontrol. The
> Harassment.
> The Guilt. The Shunning. The Fear. The Loss.
> The pain.
>
> Can we all agree this "Church" is a poison of the
> mind???
Massive mind rape.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 12:46PM

Another testament of how desperate the Mormon church has become.

The message I got from this: Stay active as prevention from "having to repent" because you will, you know--have to repent, and have everyone see you in your shame. So, stay active! Not cuz the church is true, but because repentance is awful!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 12:52PM

Idiocy

Posted by: arinae ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 08:44PM

Anyone else catch how it was her "fault" that there was so much pain and a "rift" in her family over her inactivity? Just drama...

Date: June 17, 2018 09:08PM

She wrote

"The picture inside the box of myself and my husband, at one of our favorite date-night places (Krispy Kreme), was taken four months after recovery from my suicide attempt"

Please can someone delete this threat? I don't think she could handle to read any of our responses.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 17, 2018 10:30PM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
> She wrote
>
> "The picture inside the box of myself and my
> husband, at one of our favorite date-night places
> (Krispy Kreme), was taken four months after
> recovery from my suicide attempt"
>
> http://fightingtherain.weebly.com/blog
>
> Please can someone delete this threat?

What threat?

If she is going to publish PRopoganda of an abusive brainwashing doomsday sex CULT, she should expect a harsh response from those who no longer subscribe to her particular delusion.

Date: June 17, 2018 10:57PM

She sounds so unstable. After a suicide attempt she went back to that religion that made her feel worthless in the first place. Her trying to be perfect. She goes to the bishop for help and is not allowed to take sacrament for a year. The law of consecration comes to mind to give everything even your own life for the building up of the kingdom. She screams for positive attention someone to tell her that she is worth something.

Date: June 18, 2018 04:56AM

This whole situation makes me feel weird. First she didn't tell the whole story in the article and we made assumptions based on that. She wanted praise for suffering... okay. Seemed like drama as that doesn't make sense to suffer so much for being inactive, which is what the article implied strongly. Only hints of something more could be found with the clues of her having to "confess".

Then we find out she is/was suicidal. She was flirting. Dis she do more... Its none of our business really, but she put it out there. Invited us all into her world and told us half the story.

Now People knocking on her are knocking on a suicidal person. Our criticisms of the church, look like criticism of a mentally unstable person ( If someone were looking from the outside). She came off as a dramaqueen because she omitted the truth.

This is why this sh*t is supposed to be private. In the LDS church AND OTHER CHURCHES/GROUPS, prodigal sons are praised. Its an exciting story to hear that someone was lost in darkness and found the light. It makes you feel good about your associations with a group if you hear about how it saved someone. But, the stories can be false or incomplete. These things weren't meant for public consumption. Making them so is just propaganda.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 18, 2018 01:44PM

I'd day so.

The whole "prodigal son/daughter" thing in Mormonism is huge. On my mission all the missionaries who had been wild before their missions always felt they had something extra because they had sinned and then repented and then compared themselves to Alma the Younger. Mormons eat that crap up.

This article just plays right into it. That's the way to get published in LDS Living for sure!

"I once was lost but now I'm found . . ." is one of the most popular phrases in religion for a reason---best ego boost ever. And, it removes the threat TBMs feel when people think their way out. It helps them believe that the person really did leave to sin.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 18, 2018 04:12PM

"everyone wants to believe they were meant for something more"

No, actually, everyone *doesn't* want to believe that.

How arrogant to project your personal wants and your church's made-up doctrines onto "everyone," and assume it's true!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.