Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 10:49AM

He says, for example, that the world is getting worse and that the love of God is conditional. That’s not my experience at all. Must be Stan, huh? But the overwhelming evidence, disputed by very few thinking people, is that the world really is improving by leaps and bounds. Evil academics perhaps.

Maybe it’s bad for him in the same way sunlight is bad for a vampire. I wish he’d just stay in his casket in the basement of the SLC temple.

Russ, you’ve been on this Earth for 83 years. What have you been doing all this time? Where’s the wisdom? Oh right. Mormonism. It promotes willful blindness. If it’s been so bad for you, who else is it bad for?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 10:55AM

Russ is the same age as Elvis ?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 10:57AM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe it’s bad for him in the same way sunlight
> is bad for a vampire. I wish he’d just stay in
> his casket in the basement of the SLC temple.

Brilliant :)

Religions are irrelevant if they don't have "evil" to rail against. A world getting better (and it is) means irrelevancy for mormons. They don't want to be irrelevant!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 04:02PM

I agree with ificouldhietokolob. Religion makes it okay to hate your enemy because you can root for God to get even with him for you. You can imagine that you are superior because you have the true religion and he does not. And all the hard work that it takes to fix a bad world can be ignored because Jesus or God or whoever will fix it all in the end. Why waste your time helping others? At least that's how cult religions see it. The world has to be awful or you don't really need that super hero in the sky.

Since Russ Nelson fashions himself an intellectual I don't quite understand why he ignores concepts like climate change, toxic environment, and over population. Those are the world problems the scientists are worried about yet Ol' Russ never mentions them. In fact he still seems to be promoting large families and plenty of conspicuous consumption at his mall. And I haven't yet seen any photos of him driving a Prius, Mini Cooper, or full out electric car. I'd like to see what his carbon footprint looks like.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 04:49PM

I suppose he doesn't say much about "climate change, toxic environment, and overpopulation" because he is letting his life show the example of what he thinks is right.

This line that the sky is falling, and we are doomed, screamed at us by the Left, is a pile of crap.
1) people have to have babies for society to continue, and for the earth to be taken care of.
2) there is still no shortage of land that I can see.
3) there is plenty of water in the great lakes and even the ocean that could be treated if needed,
4) What's the planet for if we don't use it?
5) the sun rises every morning regardless
6) we haven't run out of carbon, oil, gas, oxygen, ozone, or whatever scientists have been saying was suppose to be gone by now.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 02:39AM

Because the real global warming will be when Jesus returns and burns the earth. Everything is toast anyways soon to be replaced by a paradise during the millennium.

Don't trust in the theories of man but trust in the Lord.

Posted by: Chica ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 11:02AM

93 years

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 11:36AM

The number did cross my mind, but then I was like “nah, that’s too crazy”.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 11:37AM

Nope, not too crazy and we will be having this same conversation when he's 103.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 11:57AM

Actually with the Mormon prophet it's 83 that is the more crazy number, NOT 93. Who wants a prophet that young? It just wouldn't be right.

Date: June 22, 2018 02:56PM

An 83 year old prophet is just a baby haha.

Date: June 22, 2018 11:21AM

Definitely a vampire at 93 years old, sucking everyone dry for half his life. Guarding the bloodbank at all times. They love that bloodmoney.

Posted by: 2 early 2 log in ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 11:42AM

A vampire? Maybe one of his women could sneak some garlic into his homemade General Conference donuts.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 12:08PM

I would say the foundation of Mormonism is based on "the world is bad." The entire church falls apart if the world is good. Can't have anyone thinking there are nice, kind, empathetic, family loving people out there who managed to be that way without the guidance of the Mormon prophet, or Obedience Meister as he should be known.

Mormons know that the old adage is true. The best way to make your own candle seem to burn brighter is to blow out everybody else's candles.

Date: June 22, 2018 02:52PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say the foundation of Mormonism is based
> on "the world is bad." The entire church falls
> apart if the world is good. Can't have anyone
> thinking there are nice, kind, empathetic, family
> loving people out there who managed to be that way
> without the guidance of the Mormon prophet, or
> Obedience Meister as he should be known.
>
> Mormons know that the old adage is true. The best
> way to make your own candle seem to burn brighter
> is to blow out everybody else's candles.

They do hammer "the world is bad" idea into your skull at a young age for sure. I hit a point where it couldn't possibly be worse than the religion so there was nothing to lose.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 03:23PM

Right!

A very close relative of mine was a GA. He was warm and jovial and out-going, and had the greatest laugh! But as the years passed, he laughed less and less. He had less time for his family and his boats and his cabins and his outdoor sports. He became overweight, and pasty, and sickly. He was sad, as though he had the world on his shoulders. We who were close to him knew that there were some conservative/fundamentalist theories that he did NOT believe, and there was a battle inside of him.

The Mormon cult is lifeless, joyless, loveless and soul-less. It was responsible for 80% of the unhappiness my children and I experienced, as a "broken family" of divorce. I knew it was depressing me, and I knew it was separating me from my children. Mormonism was the main thing we would fight about. We felt instantly relieved, when we resigned.

All the other Truths we have discovered, since, have made us only happier and happier! I don't mean just having Sundays free, now, and having more money--which is great--but I mean having REAL friends, a close, unconditionally-loving family, directly helping individuals who need help, being free, being honest and genuine, and, ultimately, discovering that the world is full of love and beauty, variety, wonder, and all kinds of good people who are honest, helpful, loving, hard-working, full of humor, friendly. Most people outside of Mormonism (and other cults, mobster gangs, and crazy political regimes) are benevolent, and non-manipulative, and not in bed with Satan. Oh yeah, we were all taught since primary days that Mormonism was the ONLY good way to live.

I think in knowing Mormons and Mormonism, we have known some of the worst the world has to offer.

LOL! Thanks, Babyloncansuckit, now we know why there has always been that labyrinth of tunnels under temple square! Also, why the temple doesn't have any windows to let in the daylight!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 03:25PM

We're not talking about normal aging, here. My GA relative was young for his position, and died at an early age, while his hardy siblings lived into their 90's.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 02:34AM

Russ is 93 years old. Why worry about him? He's a stuffed suit. A mascot. When he catches a cold and it goes into pneumonia and he's too old to fight it and goes, another stuffed suit pops up. The members are conditioned to worship the office not who's serves in it. You could put a store mannequin in a suit and the Mormons would sustain it as prophet.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 02:57AM

Great post, Babylon. The thinking has been done and is never to be done again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.