Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 04:28PM

Got this godly-goofy email today. Out of sympathy for this writer's sad state, I deleted their name and location indicators:

"From: [deleted]
To: 'Benson, Steve' [. . .]
Subject: from my now passed away old mother to you..

"To all X mormons and those struggling to get out..first of all, Do Not give up your faith in God..He was, He is,.
and He will Be
Did not all the old prophets and the apostles warn us of decievers and wolves in sheeps clothing that would come?
Can sinners make God a liar? Be happy instead because our lord thinks you loved enough to open your eyes to worship the real God of Heaven and earth and His Christ..I also once really beleived in that mormonism was the only true church.Baptized at 27.But being a lover of books, i started reading the church books,the Discourses of Brigham Young..I found so much that sounded weird,like Jesus having been a polygamist and the only people that came from thoses couplings would understand the gospel.that sometime later i began to read the bible.Not a verse here and there,like we did in mormon sunday school,but seriously and I learned the the women that followed our Lord were women a some who Jesus had cast out demons, even like mary Magdelene,and they supportedHim out of thier substance.The first thing that hit me was that God put animal skin on adam and Eve when they fell.It was the first sign that a sacrifice was needed..and I thought, how silly to be buried with that green leaf apron on ...i would not dare to look him in the eye, Imagine seeing our Saviour with the marks in His hands and feet and you standing there with your leaf apron on. The second thing that opened my eyes wides was Isaiah 2verse9 which our LDS Sunday school teachers said was a wrong translation, but if you read 7,8,and 9 in sequence, as you shouldit is right.Please get your bible and check it out.That is where J.Smith got his story or where that story oringinally came from. But isaiah was not talking about some city in america, he was talking about the city of David,jerusalem..Then that God was once a man.turn to chapter 40 and that will let yu know better..Beautiful,reasurring chap43-34-36 says before me there was No God,nor will there be after me.
another thing that was a great folly was taught was that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri and that Adam built an Altar there..Well, the river Euphrates was one of the rivers that flowed through the garden of Eden and it is still there!
In the meantime i started reading what the Tanners had researched out, I said these people are right, I read alot of it myself in the books they mentioned.So my common sense knew it, but my heart could not accept it yet.because it is hard to beleive how one can feel so cheated and betrayed! So I went on my knees and asked our lord, after a time of struggling along,earnestly if He would let me know if mormonism was true or not..I prayed 3 times within a week in betweenTwice i did not recieve an answer,the third time I said, Please Lord i need to know!All of a sudden it was like I was looking through a glass, And I saw the Lord on the cross, covered all over with black spots.and even after 40 years a mormon, I wondered about that and the meaning..That was ona a thursday afternoon.On sunday I went to to church with my daughter [deleted] to her church [deleted] lived in [deleted] at that time..She asked the ministering women to bless me and told them my experience."

_____

My reply:

"Mormonism is no different than other myth-based flights-of-fancy faiths. Biblical babble meets Mormon make-believe. A war between losers.

"Oh, and please learn to double space, capitalize, paragraph, punctuate and spell correctly. Your god could use a basic course in English grammar."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 05:06PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 05:16PM

Steve Benson - Editor for The Dead! LOL!

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 06:11PM

See clever response above and know that I wish I had written it first. Damnit Elder Berry... must everyone always be one step behind??

HH ;)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 11:19AM

:) I'm often a step behind. We have a lot of quit witted and posting people here.

Posted by: captainklutz ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 05:24PM

You certainly do get some interesting email!

I'm impressed if you got thru that in one sitting! My eyes kept averting themselves.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 05:30PM

This must have been your relative or neighbor it couldn't be a stranger.

But if it's a stranger, Why would they send this email? Some people are puzzling...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 05:41PM

Well, gee Steve -- I'm convinced, god is because she says so. Why aren't you?

:)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 09:03PM

From the email:

> All of a sudden it was like I was looking through
> a glass, And I saw the Lord on the cross, covered
> all over with black spots.and even after 40 years
> a mormon, I wondered about that and the meaning..

This part's easy: The black spots are where the white paint was coming off.

Posted by: FTG ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 09:40PM

Or after 40 years, mildew had over taken the painted surface causing black spots to form.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 09:35PM

Wow. I'm scoring this one a 9!

This is a glimpse of a brain overridden by religion. This is the result of studying religion with zero critical thinking skills.

Honestly, I'm guessing this guy is on meds if you know what I mean.

This one is a keeper! You almost have enough to make a "Steve Benson reads his hate mail" video like the ones Richard Dawkins has. ;->

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 01:07AM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 07:49AM

+1.0×10^09

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:25PM

Be happy instead. That always works for me. I'll remember that.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 10:56PM

My eyes got blurry trying to read through her god-babble. Logic doesn't seem to be her strong point, either.
Your response was perfect!

I'm all for happy. I do happy very well, thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 10:57PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 10:57AM

"Did not all the old prophets and the apostles warn us of decievers and wolves in sheeps clothing that would come?"

Don't all FALSE prophets warn of deceivers and wolves in sheep's clothing blah blah blah? Don't all scammers warn against those who would call them scammers?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 11:15AM

Exidor from Mork and Mindy.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 13, 2018 11:20AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.