Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 03:19PM

I had this long argument with a MORmON friend of mine ladt month.
Another blatant lie I get all the time when I ask about racist scriptures still being published and distributed every day by the world's biggest army of Doomsday CULT recruiters, is that when the scriptures say God cursed the Lamanites and descendants of Cain with 'black skin' or 'dark skin' that really wasn't about "skin", but more about being cut off from the spirit of God or

"They’re not actually talking about skin color but the presence of the devil within them." (direct quote from a Mormon friend recently who asked the missionaries)

My response: I quit because I realized how racist it was to remain a member of a racist church. If you're not racist, then why do you make excuses for racism? And lie about it, saying it wasn't about skin color, when your scriptures are all about skin color as were the racist practices of the past.
Lying is evil and you're lying through your teeth.
When you say racial discrimination wasn't about skin color. BULLSHIT
It says right in black and white, it was about skin color in Mormon scriptures. Still is.
"the Lord God did cause a SKIN of blackness to come upon them.'
Is that not about black SKIN?
Alma 3: 6
'And the SKINS of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren
is that not about SKIN, when it says it right in black and white?
they shall be a white and a delightsome people."
Is that not about SKIN?
"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."
Is that not about SKIN?
that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their SKINS;
and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
Is that not about SKIN?
What am I misunderstanding about Mormon scriptures that talk about black skin always being bad and white skin always being good, when the Bible does neither?
Nor do any other scriptures I've ever read.

MORmON's response: Ya the mark of the devil
It was a curse
The devils dark curse
I would love to pay you a visit and explain each one of those scriptures to you with plain logic. This is just some sort of misunderstanding.

Me: Obviously you've got a mental block that prevents you from reading what's written in black and white. It doesn't say anything about the devil, but it does say a lot about how dark skin is a curse and white skin is a blessing. That's white supremacist/racist AF. but if it's what keeps you on the straight and narrow, then more power to you Buddy.

Today he apologized for arguing and admitted i was right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2018 05:38PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Temple rituals ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 03:30PM

My mother said I lied when I told her the death/suicide pantomime upset me.

She said it wasn’t true. She had never been endowed before 2000, my first was 1980.

Later she admitted she was wrong, an older member told her there used to be penalties.

But she never apologized for calling me a liar.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 03:43PM

Kori, not that it matters, but did your mormon friend think that the devil had to wait until the Lamanite kids turned 8 before he could begin to influence them? Or did they belong to Satan from the git-go?

Date: July 14, 2018 05:39PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kori, not that it matters, but did your mormon
> friend think that the devil had to wait until the
> Lamanite kids turned 8 before he could begin to
> influence them? Or did they belong to Satan from
> the git-go?
No he didn't say, nut why do you ask?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 05:55PM

I was wondering if he thought about the mormon-logical inconsistencies.

Date: July 15, 2018 11:18AM

elderolddog Wrote:
> I was wondering if he thought about the
> mormon-logical inconsistencies.
The CogDis is strong with this one, preventing any kind of logical examination of his world view, which is all about tribalism, group think, finding a woman at this point of his life. He was a royal shuthead with a warrant out for his arrest in HS, before he became Mormon. Now he is an adult and capable of hearing truth, just not admitting Josephs Myth is a charade. I think until you reach the pount where you are willing to admit Joseph's Myth is a fraud, you will say ANYthing before saying, those three words. It's a fraud.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 12:10PM

Good work Koriwhore! Every former member, the opposite of a missionary for the church. I didn't use the word anti-missionary because the concept of "anti missionary" or "anti mormon" has been give a bad name that encourages people to sumarily dismiss anyone with such a label. Another negative label is "apostate". But I don't care if they call me an apostate as long as they don't marginalize what I say because of that label. An apostate from a cult can wear that lable proudly.

I do my best to get my friends and family members to leave the church too.

Date: July 15, 2018 01:34PM

azsteve Wrote:
> Good work Koriwhore! Every former member, the
> opposite of a missionary for the church. I didn't
> use the word anti-missionary because the concept
> of "anti missionary" or "anti mormon" has been
> give a bad name that encourages people to sumarily
> dismiss anyone with such a label. Another negative
> label is "apostate". But I don't care if they call
> me an apostate as long as they don't marginalize
> what I say because of that label. An apostate from
> a cult can wear that lable proudly.
>
> I do my best to get my friends and family members
> to leave the church too.

Applying labels like "Anti-Mormon" or "Apostate" to those of us who did the math and figured out it didnt add up, is how they avoid doing the math themselves. They just say, "The math doesn't matter. Besides, God will work out the math in the next life."
Thats how they resolve the CogDis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.