Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 09:37AM

I am done with religion and Mormons are not for me, I am going to give the book of Mormon back to them and say I am done and don't want to be baptized at all! Don't call me" see me " I am not interested, if they say but why? We love you or what concerns do you have

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 07, 2018 09:39AM

I will say did you not hear what I said? I am not interested and will not be baptized " I am in a perfect spot for the missionaries to try to pressure me to be baptized or everything they do! I am done with religion

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 09:47AM

As for me, I don't want them to have another BofM to sucker in some poor soul.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 10:13AM

Why give it back to them?

Why not just dispose of it and then tell them you are done?

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 11:00AM

Drive a cross through it and tell them you've killed their horcrux

Date: August 07, 2018 11:27AM

Or put a rosary and say I am Catholic now and much better than Mormons

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 12:11AM

But catholics have a whole set of baggage that is even worse than mormonism. I'd suggest staying clear of all the crying statues, Guadalupe whoever, old men in pointed hats and white robes, and of course the holy lady, emasculating virgin something or other.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 12:21AM

You could hand it back to them and say what my Dad said after reading it, "Violent little book, isn't it?"

Posted by: FNQ sparky ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 01:23AM

We are dealing with dangerous and toxic materials here
Similar to asbestos
You have a responsibility to not pollute the environment with that lethal material
Wrap in heavy plastic, tape securely and take to waste depot

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 07:56AM

Don't contact them again.

Would you call back a salesman to tell him you decided not to buy? All you're going to get is more sales pitches.

You don't owe them anything. Don't let them keep having contact with you. Throw the book in the trash. If you must, maybe leave the book on their porch with a note, "Thanks, but not interested. Returning your book."

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 08:31AM

Why do you have ANY contact with the missionaries?

It's clear to us that you don't want to be LDS. Why would the missionaries think otherwise? Are you stringing them along?

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 01:44PM

Set a barbecue grill by door, when they come by burn it to see their reaction.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 03:10PM

I am curious as to why you started taking discussions from them in the first place, CH.

Weren't you already here as a former Church of Christ member and posting to RfM, learning about Mormonism from the ex-Mormon perspective, as a burned out Church of Christ member?

What exactly caused you to start hobnobbing with missionaries and taking the discussions that would lead to baptism?

How did you get suckered into taking the missionary discussions? Were you serious?

What was it about being here on RfM that made you seek out the mishies, if you don't mind my asking?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 03:14PM

Don't make a bigger deal about it than it already is....

Just say thanks I'm not interested.

Date: August 09, 2018 03:17PM

They contacted me and being nice as I am i took their dumb lessons! I don't know how to tell them no sorry, they are different missionaries and like always look in the area book

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 03:36PM

Toss the book, tell them you are not interested and stop talking to them.

They are used to rejection.

You don't even need to give them a reason, frankly it is your decision and none of their business.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 03:51PM

Tell them in a straightforward manner -- "I've had the discussions, and I'm just not interested. Please do not call again, and take me out of whatever records you maintain. I don't want any more Mormon missionaries to call on me."

After that, refuse to respond when they knock on your door. There is no rule nor law that says you have to respond to someone who knocks on your door, calls you, or texts you.

Date: August 09, 2018 04:01PM

Thank you! I didn't want to talk to them at all and missionaries who are new to the area look up anyone they see is left hanging by other missionaries! They just want you baptized

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.